Two Hispanic TV stations in Utah undergoing changes in both affiliation and local coverage
- Univision Deal Gives LPMs a Lift. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;6/13/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p9
Emphasizes the advantages obtained by Local People Meters (LPM) from a ratings deal closed by Univision Communications Inc. in June 2005. Relationship of Univision with LPM; Number of Univision TV stations included in the ratings deal; Actions taken by Univision and Nielsen to settle their...
- KMEX continues L.A. reign. Adalian, Josef // Variety;01/01/2001, Vol. 381 Issue 6, p28
Reports on the gains of Univision Incorporated's Spanish language broadcast flagship KMEX in November 2000. Other Spanish language star during the month; Other results for some key races in November 2000.
- Univision said to be leading buyer for Televicentro. Muniz, Aida // Caribbean Business;6/4/1998, Vol. 26 Issue 22, p4
Reveals that the Univision Communications may be the leading potential buyer for General Electric's (GE) local television (TV) station, Televicentro de Puerto Rico (WAPA-Channel 4). What price is GE asking for Televicentro; Statistics for Univision sales for 1997; Prime-time ratings for...
- SPANISH-LANGUAGE TV STATION DEBUTS IN ATLANTA. // Quill;Mar2002, Vol. 90 Issue 2, p31
Reports on the January 2002 debut of Spanish-language television station WUVG-TV in Atlanta, Georgia. Rank of the station in the Nielson ratings; Details of the purchase of the station by Univision Communications Inc.; Example of a community affairs program run by the station.
- World Cup kicks up Univision ratings. Stroud, Michael // Broadcasting & Cable;07/13/98, Vol. 128 Issue 29, p36
Discusses the viewership ratings of Univision Communications Inc. for its coverage of 1998 World Cup soccer event. Details on its viewership ratings; Factors that contributed to the success of the coverage; Significance of the coverage to the network.
- 7. Univision. Rathbun, Elizabeth A. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/23/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 17, p66
Presents an overview of Univision Communications Inc.'s television-station holdings in the United States. Number of television stations owned; Household coverage; Target markets; Affiliate channels.
- Unvision add O&O in Sacramento. // MediaWeek;03/31/97, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p3
Reports on the acquisition of KCSO-TV by Univision Communications Inc.
- Univision Plugs PPM Encoders Back In. Bachman, Katy // MediaWeek;4/5/2010, Vol. 20 Issue 14, p6
The article reports that Univision Communications is reconnecting to Arbitron's portable people meter service as of April 1, 2010, including the encoding of Univision stations in Miami, Florida; San Diego, California; and Phoenix, Arizona.
- TF1 GETS REAL WITH $300 MIL DEAL. James, Alison // Variety;06/18/2001, Vol. 383 Issue 5, p43
Reports on the deal between commercial television network TF1 and Endemol Entertainment BV. What the pair will develop; Significance of the deal; Concern regarding the deal.