The Determinants of ISO 9000 Certification: A Comparison of the Manufacturing and Service Sectors
Tags: ISO 9000 Series Standards; MANUFACTURING industries; SERVICE industries -- Quality control; COST control; INNOVATIONS in business; BUSINESS enterprises -- Size; EXPORT controls; CUSTOMER satisfaction; SUCCESS in business; EMPIRICAL research
- �RETIM SEKT�R�NDE FAALIYET G�STEREN KOBILERDE ISO 9000'NIN ETKILI UYGULAMASI I�IN KRITIK BASARI FAKT�RLERI. KALKAN, Adnan; �ETINKAYA BOZKURT, �zlem // Dokuz Eylul University Journal of Graduate School of Social Scie;Sep2012, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p105
ISO 9000 for quality is one of the most applicable strategies by businesses all over the world. ISO 9000 has been one of important issues in many developing countries including Turkey. Up to now less study is published on the successful use of ISO 9000 Quality Management System, critical success...
- Putting stakeholders first in satisfying quality, safety and other requirements. Hoyle, David // Plant Engineering;Aug2006, Vol. 60 Issue 8, p31
The article discusses the importance stakeholders' satisfaction rather than emphasizing too much on meeting the standard set by regulatory board such as the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9000 certification. Many companies stress more on having support from the ISO 9000 but...
- Are innovation and R&D the only sources of firms' knowledge that increase productivity? An empirical investigation of French manufacturing firms. Legros, Di�go; Galia, Fabrice // Journal of Productivity Analysis;Oct2012, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p167
The economic literature presents knowledge accumulation as one of the most important characteristics of innovation. The accumulation of knowledge arises from complex and dynamic interactions between a firm's own internal capacity and external expertise. Research and development (R&D) remains...
- Companies gear up for new round of ISO. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/22/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 43, p1
Reports the preparations of the manufacturing industry for the recertification under ISO 9000 quality system in Ohio. Deadline of the ISO standard for companies to obtain recertification; Investments made by McNeil Industries for the recertification preparation; Requirements of the ISO 9000 system.
- Sedgwick lauds ISO 9000 quality control standards. Pasher, Victoria Sonshi // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;4/15/96, Vol. 100 Issue 16, p9
Reports that insurance companies can cut costs and boost profits if they implement or adopt the international quality standards known as `ISO 9000.' Efforts to improve customer satisfaction in the insurance industry; Description of the history and benefits of the ISO 9000 certification; How ISO...
- Gaining Added Value from the Year 2000 ISO 9000 Revisions. Zuckerman, Amy // World Trade;Feb2000, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p60
Reports that the ISO 9000 international quality assurance standard is being revised to focus on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction in the twenty-first century. Documents of the revised ISO 9000 series; What is ISO 9000.
- Where Does Quality Begin? Gordon, Dale K. // Quality Progress;Mar2002, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p103
Focuses on the process of quality management system. Comparison of quality system of enterprises with ISO 9001; Definition of quality management system; Aims of quality system of improving customer satisfaction and cost control.
- BUSINESS NEWS. // Quality;Oct2007, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p13
The article offers news briefs related to the manufacturing industry in the U.S. Endevco Corp. donated 11 flat-screen computer monitors to the Boys & Girls Clubs of Capistrano Valley. DSPCon Inc. has achieved International Organization of Standards (ISO) 9001: 2000 certification. Duggan...
- The Impact of ISO 9000 on TQM and Business Performance. Han, S. Bruce; Chen, Shaw K.; Ebrahimpour, Maling // Journal of Business & Economic Studies;Fall2007, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p1
ISO 9000 and TQM have had considerable success in terms of acceptance in organizations worldwide. In this study, Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) is applied to assist in explaining and predicting the relationships between and among ISO 9000 certification, TQM practices, organizational...