Appian sells Skoda
- Going it alone. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2011, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p66
The article reports on the efforts being done by Skoda Transportation to strengthen its position as a key rolling stock supplier for the member states of the European Union (EU) in 2011. The company faced several challenges since its privatization in 1992, resulting in a management buy-out by...
- Czech co-operation finalised. // Railway Gazette International;Feb2003, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p104
Reports on the agreement reached by Bombardier Transportation And Appian Group for cooperation in the field of rail vehicle manufacture for Eastern Europe. Terms of the agreement; Other plans of the companies.
- U.S. firm to make bid for Å koda Holding. Kirkland, Joel; Kuchař, Vladimír // Prague Business Journal;6/10/2002, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p1
Reports the bid of U.S. investment firm Appian Group for engineering firm Skoda Holding in Prague, Czech Republic. Factors influencing the bankruptcy of the equipment supplier; Marketing of non-core business; Stages of the corporate sale.
- Appian sets out plans to grow in Czech Republic. // Utility Week;6/20/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p11
Reports on the plan of Appian Group of the U.S. to add combined heat and power plants in the Czech Republic. Heating plants owned by Appian; Details of the plan of Appian.
- Class 380 in service. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2010, Vol. 166 Issue 7, p18
The article reports on the start of the trial operations of the Type 109E triple-voltage locomotives of Skoda Transportation in the Czech Republic on May 27, 2010, which include a No. 380.007 locomotive hauling a CD Cargo freight train from Plzen to Beroun at the speed of 100 kilometers per hour.
- Ready for trials. // Railway Gazette International;Oct2011, Vol. 167 Issue 10, p18
The article announces that Skoda Transportation will begin trials with the first of two Type 109 E2 three-voltage electric locomotives ordered by Slovakia's eleznicnÃ¡ spolocnost Slovensko (ZSSK) for 4.8 million euros.
- Å koda tests catenary-free tram. // Railway Gazette International;Apr2014, Vol. 170 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on a tram being tested by Å koda Transportation AS, an engineering company based in Czech Republic, in 2014 with catenary-free operation capability using a battery technology solution called Catfree.
- ForCity in focus. // Railway Gazette International;Jul2011, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p68
The article evaluates the Series 15T ForCity low-floor tram from Skoda Transportation.
- Modernisation completed. // Railway Gazette International;Apr2011, Vol. 167 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on the completion of Skoda Transportation's long-term programme to modernise Praha, Czech Republic metro's Soviet-built Type 81-71 rolling stock.