How do I get grievance skills?
- Grievance checklist. // Electric Light & Power;Mar1993, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p45
Provides a grievance checklist to monitor employee complaints. Need for supervisor's knowledge of employee grievances.
- Handle Employee Complaints. Berman, Eileen L. // Industrial Management;May/Jun2001, Vol. 43 Issue 3, p5
Discusses ways to approach employee complaints. Nature of employee complaints; How managers and supervisors can improve the productivity of complaining employees; Tips on measuring the effectiveness of management interventions.
- Was worker's religious accommodation request at the expense of everyone else? // Legal Alert for Supervisors;7/29/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 149, p4
The article discusses a court case entitled, Harrell v. Donahue, wherein Donahue won when he countered that it was not feasible to allow Harrell, who is a Seventh-day Adventist, to have off every Saturday because it would not be fair to expect other workers to cover for him.
- Cupid can be costly for business owners. CHANDLER, MATT // Buffalo Law Journal;2/17/2014, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p13
The article talks about the legal consequences of relationships among co-workers including vicarious liability, quid pro quo claims, and paramour favoritism complaints.
- 6 ways to keep HR from becoming the 'boss complaint department'. // HR Weekly;11/2/2015, Vol. 3 Issue 44, p3
The article offers tips for personnel management regarding solving employee issues which include the need to understand employee complaint and offer proper solution; the need to coach or train managers; and no need to minimize employee's complaints.
- Arbitration. // Labor Law Journal;Dec63, Vol. 14 Issue 12, p1073
This article focuses on decisions and developments in different arbitration cases of the U.S. Some of them are: When nine employees left their job on the claim that the heat in the foundry was excessive, the company was justified in sending home the balance of the employees without supplemental...
- grievance gripes. // Employers Law;Nov2007, p31
The article offers anecdotes about employee grievances. One reader says that the personnel manager in their company did not do anything about a male colleague who had behaved in a most inappropriate way with various female colleagues. A reader claims that an employee placed a grievance against...
- The poor performance disciplinary dilemma. Atkins, Angela // NZ Business;Oct2009, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p22
The article addresses the disciplinary dilemma facing employers in dealing with poor employee performance in the workplace and personal grievance claims. The recommended steps for dealing with poor job performance include discussion with the employee about failure to meet expectations,...
- Case Closed. Now What? Agnvall, Elizabeth // HR Magazine;Feb2008, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p69
The article discusses the implications of employee grievances filed through internal complaint systems for personnel management. Consultants, employment lawyers and human resource practitioners interviewed for this article agree that employee grievances filed through internal complaint systems...