PEOPLE & POSTS
- PEOPLE ON THE MOVE. // Human Resources (09648380);Nov2010, p17
The article announces several career changes in the human resources (HR) field including the appointment of Julie Markey as head of HR at Ocado, the appointment of Rupert McNeil as Great Britain's HR director at Aviva, and the appointment of AvivaIain McLaughlin as Great Britain head of...
- Turnbull takes his turn. McHale, Maria // Public Finance;8/1/2003, p13
Reports on the experience of British public officer Andrew Turnbull of working for one day at the JobCentre Plus office as a floorwalker. Aim of observing how the staff are coping with delivering the government's reform agenda; Description of the work of floorwalkers.
- Unit set up to help goverment ï¿½businessï¿½. McHale, Maria // Public Finance;10/10/2003, p18
Announces the establishment of a unit called the Shareholder Executive by the Cabinet Office in Great Britain. Aim of the unit according to Andrew Turnbull, head of the civil service; Government entities that the unit will support; Name of the person expected to lead the unit's operations and...
- Turnbull wants more training for mandarins. McHale, Maria // Public Finance;10/3/2003, p17
Reports on British head of civil service Andrew Turnbull's plan to overhaul the training and development of civil servants across whitehall in London, England. Aim to beef up the delivery of government policy; Problems in the civil servant sector.
- New civil service chief focuses on reform. // PFI Report;Jul2002, Issue 65, p8
Focuses on the reform structure of the British Cabinet Office outlined by Cabinet secretary Sir Andrew Turnbull. Description of the structure; Comparison with prior teams and units structure; Information on the responsibilities of the appointed unit heads.
- The Side with the Best Leader Wins. Lutz, Robert A. // Executive Excellence;Aug99, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p11
Describes how business leaders challenge employees to achieve by creating a compelling vision of the future and then unlocking their potential. Human psychological constructs involved in marketing; Development of professional competence; Respect for political realities.
- The Effects of Firm Strategy on the Level and Structure of Executive Compensation. Singh, Parbudyal; Agarwal, Naresh C. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p42
Presents a study that provided additional insights on the determination of executive compensation in Canada. Review of related literature; Discussion on identifiable strategic orientations that affect business management; Effects of firm strategy on the level and structure of chief executive...
- Managers of small firms challenge stereotypes. Baron, Angela // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p59
Describes the findings of the research on how much the managers of small and medium-sized enterprises know about modern personnel management practices and their relevance to business needs. Managers recognition of the management theory; Discrepancy between the importance of managers; Variety...
- PAGE FOUR...HRD PEOPLE--'YOU'RE WORTH YOUR WEIGHT IN GOLD!' Cook, Michael H. // Training & Development Journal;Jul80, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p4
Focuses on the growing demand for human resource and development (HRD) executives. Types of HRD jobs being offered and the salaries that go with them; Growing importance for human resources people in the upper levels of management.