- How to Pay Employees for Wildfire-Related Absences. // San Diego Business Journal;11/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p24
Presents question and answer advisory on employee compensation payment for wildfire-related absences in San Diego, California. Regulation for compensating exempt and non-exempt employees; Provision of payment for reporting time; Assessment of the state minimum wage for full-time employment.
- All aboard for paid leave? Gurden, Alison // People Management;7/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p18
Looks at the implication of European Court of Justice ruling on the entitlement of employees for paid annual leave. How the Broadcasting, Entertainment and Cinematograph Technicians Union are being affected by the ruling; How the entitlement should be calculated; Uncertainty of the draft...
- Now, Paid FMLA? // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/20/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 20, p27
The article focuses on Connecticut House Bill (HB) 6553, an Act which establishes task force to provide compensation to employees taking Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) insurance.
- Having a baby? Get your finances in order. Alderman, Jason // Ellis County Press;5/12/2011, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p3
The author discusses several ways to deal with the financial aspects of raising a child such as the health budget, paid paternal leave and lost wages.
- HR Q&A. // HR Specialist;Nov2011, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p5
The article presents questions and answers about the use of iPhone in recording the employee's performance review meeting, wages of fitness club instructors who are idle between their classes, and the grant of Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) leave for an adult child's injuries.
- Watch Paid Family Leave Closely. // njbiz;4/14/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p14
The author reflects on the paid family leave bill to be signed by New Jersey Governor Jon S. Corzine. The author notes that state administrators need to provide careful oversight once paid leave takes effect, specifically in terms of safeguards against abuse of the program. The author states...
- Online Poll at www.businessinsurance.com. // Business Insurance;2/11/2008, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p8
The article presents statistics on a law that expands Family and Medical Leave Act coverage for family members of employees called up for military service.
- The Deprived Americans. // Time;9/6/1971, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p60
The article focuses on the deprivation in the duration of vacation for the employees of the U.S. It informs that many employees of the U.S. lag behind the Europeans in vacation time. It is stated that in West Germany, labor unions have given vacations equal priority with wages, pensions and...
- Ruling bars deducting advanced vacation from final wages. Johnstone, Andrea K. // New Hampshire Business Review;1/9/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p26A
Discusses the wage claim in the employment law in New Hampshire. System for advanced paid sick leave; Cases of unlawful withholding; Warning for employers against deducting advanced paid vacation days from an employee's wage upon termination from employment.