How to make the most of metrics
- thriving, or just surviving? Roger, Derek // Human Resources Magazine;Aug/Sep2008, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p8
The article describes how resilience can be acquired in order to thrive. Pressure and stress are differentiated with emphasis to ruminating and what it does to the body systems. Rumination is explained, citing waking sleep as its most common manifestation. Ways to stop the habit of rumination...
- UN LIDERAZGO PARA EL Ã‰XITO. Maestres M., Raúl // Debates IESA;jul-sep2010, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p7
The capacity to persevere in the face of adversity is a common feature of successful professionals. Oftentimes we find individuals with a high IQ and well developed professional competences that qualify them for positions of responsibility, but who lack the perseverance or capability required to...
- Treatment center will explore resiliency. Lisnow, Franklin // Addiction Professional;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p8
A letter to the editor is presented in response to an article by Bruce Campbell in the March/April 2010 issue that was concerned with resiliency dynamics in recovery programs.
- You Can't Keep a Good Man Down. Kislik, Liz // Operations & Fulfillment;Mar2003, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p32
Presents an article on ways to cultivate resilience in employees. Importance of employee motivation efforts; Correlation between resilience and employee retention; Significance of resilient employees to business success.
- Desarrollo de los RR.HH. La resiliencia, un mecanismo vivificador para la empresa. Luis Orts, José // Capital Humano;Sep2010, Vol. 23 Issue 246, p26
No abstract available.
- LESS OF THE 'L' WORD. Lucas, Bill // People Management;5/4/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p7
The author reflects on the use of the word learning in personnel management. He argues that learning is the only sustainable source of competitive and social advantage. Resourcefulness and resilience are among the new curriculum of lifelong learning. It may be possible that the less use of the...
- resilience in turbulent times - does your organisation have what it takes? Tweedy, Frances // Human Resources Magazine;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p10
The article focuses on keeping the organisation resilient in coping with the economic times for thriving in the industry and achieving company growth. Company employees can reportedly become resilient by giving them the feeling that their lives are under their control, that they can effectively...
- Five ways HR can lead firms out of these uncertain times. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);4/19/2002, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p16D
Provides tips for human resource to lead businesses out of the uncertain times. Promotion of the intrinsic value of the company; Establishment of an organization that thrives on change; Advantage of being resilient.
- Deliver Good Cheer. Blonski, KC // Retail Merchandiser;Nov/Dec2010, Vol. 50 Issue 6, p26
The article discusses how retailers can imbibe motivation among their holiday hires. It is said that new employees tend to possess little initial incentive to maintain a memorable experience for the consumers. It advises retailers to help the holiday hires in realizing that their employment...