Oxfam to collect gifts from work
- FACES&PLACES. // Westchester County Business Journal;12/26/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 52, p26
The article presents several pictures depicting the activities of different institutions and charitable organizations in Westchester, New York. The Children's Rehabilitation Center has celebrated its new sponsorship by the Sisters of Charity/Elizabeth Seton Pediatric Center. Richmond's...
- Businesses play a special role in giving. // New Hampshire Business Review;11/29/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 25, p10A
Editorial. Focuses on the role of businesses on corporate giving in New Hampshire. Funds raised by the United Way of the Greater Seacost; Problems of most organizations about fund raising; Forms of charitable giving.
- Home for the Holidays. Ravits, Sarah // Saint Charles Avenue;Mar2008, p30
The article reports on the fundraising campaign conducted by the Preservation Resource Center (PRC) in New Orleans, Louisiana. The event, which is dubbed as "Holiday Home Tour," is complete with holiday splendor, beautiful artwork and exquisite architecture. Furthermore, seven private homes in...
- GENEROUS DONORS TO NACSW. // Catalyst Newsletter;Oct2013, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p6
The article presents a list of donors to the North American Association of Christians in Social Work (NACSW) including Christine Beach, Mallory Birch, and April Bowman.
- Biking for cancer. Zelaya, Ian // Washington Jewish Week;10/3/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 40, p31
The article offers information on the cycling event titled Spinning 4 Israel Cancer Research sponsored by the organization Israel Forever Foundation (IFF) to be held in Washington, D.C on October 6, 2013, in order to raise money for the Israel Cancer Research Fund (ICRF) located in Israel.
- PENNIES FROM HEAVEN. // Xtra (Toronto);4/27/2006, Issue 561, p22
Reports on a grant cheque received by Toronto Lakeshore Collegiate Gay/Straight Alliance from the Lesbian and Gay Community Appeal at an award ceremony on April 25, 2006. Plan of the alliance for the money; Total number of accumulated donations; Other recipients of funding grants including a...
- REUNION GIVING SURGES PAST $100 MILLION. // Technology Review;Sep2008, Vol. 111 Issue 5, pM20
The article offers information on the funds raised during the Tech Reunions 2008 at Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Massachusetts. The event was attended by approximately 3,240 alumni and guests and they contributed a total of $100,578,568, nearly double the funds raised in 2007...
- GEDA's Hospitality Action fund tops Â£50,000. // Caterer (2055-7817);07/11/2014, p59
The article reports on donations made by the Catering Equipment Distributors Association to the charity Hospitality Action amounting to 6,000 British pounds which brings its total donations made to the charity since 2013 to 50,000 British pounds.
- PHILANTHROPY. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/15/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p15
The article reports on the study conducted by the Center on Philantrophy at Indiana University on the decision made by philanthropist on charitable giving in Indianapolis, Indiana. Result reveals that wealthy people are getting more advice from hired professionals and less from peers and...