AGR supports plans to scrap student fee limit
- How I got my job. Cook, Thomas // Academe;May/Jun96, Vol. 82 Issue 3, p78
Presents the author's experiences with his efforts to acquire a job. How he discovered the complexities of job seeking; His desire to teach economics at a community college; Examples of strategies that were utilized in his search for a job; Use of the approaching employers directly technique...
- Excelling at the on-site interview and accepting job offers. Bardwell, Chris B. // Black Collegian;Jan/Feb93, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p119
Part III of a four-part guide examining the career and job search process. Examines five strategies you should consider in landing a job; Various types of on-site interview scenarios, Preparing for on site interviews; Handling on-site interview questions; Evaluating your performance; Factors...
- Extra! Extra! // Career World;Mar1997, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p31
Presents an activity on the selection of a news article that contains career information. Concentration on good jobs; Request for an interview on research on future careers.
- Life after family biz. Carlstone, Linda Mae // Crain's Chicago Business;2/14/94, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p39
Presents advice regarding securing employment after departure from a family business from Louise Valentin placement adviser for the Chicago Institute for Economic Development. Marketing benefits of working in a family business; Assistance of a career counselor; Barriers to transition from a...
- Exercising proper etiquette important to job search process. Decker, Joyce // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;06/08/98, Issue 322313, p27
Examines issues that must be considered in job hunting. Importance of asking pertinent questions about the company; Importance of a job candidate's cover letter to a company; Importance of exhibiting professionalism; Discuss salary when appropriate.
- Top 10 variables that affect job search success. Broscio, Michael A. // hfm (Healthcare Financial Management);May96, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p65
Identifies ten key variables that can affect a health care financial manager's job search. Includes the level of position sought; Age; Salary expectations; Amount of severance received; Length of tenure; Amount of training and experience; Geographic restrictions; Appearance and physical...
- Looking for work. // Hispanic Times Magazine;May/Jun1992, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p20
Offers advice in job hunting. Service related industries in need of workers include beverages; Health care and medical supplies; Food service; Home improvement; Employee forecasting by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The job search and making it! Rifkin, Jane M. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Mar/Apr1996, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p22
Discusses techniques in job hunting. Need for the applicant to be aware of his strengths and weaknesses; Skills inventory; Hobbies; Courses; Volunteer activities; Experience; List of likes and dislikes; Preparation of the resume; Coping with job interviews; Legal aspects of hiring.
- Forty Plus Women. // Lesbian News;May96, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p28
Presents information on Forty Plus Women organization. Where organization meet weekly; Details on organization's schedule for May 1996.