Defence staff braced for mass redundancies
- How I see it. // PRWeek (London);7/30/2010, p11
In this article, the author expresses his views on the efforts done by the British Ministry of Defence to address issues related to the decision made by the British government to cut communications budget in 2010.
- Contractors call for clarity over Ministry of Defence cuts. // Building Design;2/25/2011, Issue 1953, p13
The article reports that several British contractors have called for further clarification over the affected areas of the British Ministry Deefence cuts, as the client announced plans to save 1.2 billion pounds.
- MoD shake-up axes 10,000 Whitehall posts. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;7/23/2004, p8
Reports on the plan of the Great Britain Ministry of Defense (MoD) to reduce the civil service posts and the size of military to cut costs. Identification of efficiency savings; Use of public money on new technologies to improve the defense capabilities of the region; Impact of the layoff on the...
- U.K. Official Sees More Military Tech Spending Despite Defense Cuts. // Defense Daily International;2/4/2011, Vol. 13 Issue 5, p1
The article reports that the Great Britain is likely to increase spending in key emerging technology areas, despite defense budget cut nearly eight percent. It states that under 2012 Strategic Defense and Security Review (SDSR), Great Britain will also emphasizes on new technologies and future...
- Dodging A Bullet. Tusa, Francis // Defense Technology International;Jan2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p47
The article reports on the 8 percent cut in Great Britain's defense budget which runs to 2015. The areas that were protected from the budget cuts include the health and overseas development budgets. It is noted that the Defense Ministry was pressed to make deeper cuts in the range of 10 to 11...
- Training Systems Integration: Trick or Treat? Mahon, Tim // Military Technology;2014, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p42
The article examines the need for integrated training system in military training and the challenges faced by every nation for achieving the same due to budget cuts, technology, and doctrinal considerations. It mentions the Great Britain's Ministry Of Defence's approach through Ascent Flight...
- Cuts could hurt defence estates. // Public Private Finance;May2007, Issue 113, p8
The article reports on the issues concerning the risk of cutting funds for maintenance and repair work with the quality of the defense ministry's estate and the confidence of contractors in Great Britain as cited by the National Audit Office (NAO). A report on the management of Defence Estates...
- Costs and cuts. // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;11/25/2015, Issue 174, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the Ministry of Defence spending, increased budget of the National Health Service, and budget cuts on education.
- Unions oppose 'cheap' MoD payoffs for 10,000 jobs. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;3/18/2005, p15
Reports that the Great Britain Ministry of Defense plans to reduce its civil service workers. Number of civil service posts to be reduced; Plans of the ministry to propose a flexible retirement program; Reduction of workforce as part of the government's Whitehall efficiency agenda; Trade union...