Taking (Some of) the Mystery Out of the CFP Certification Examination
- Confessions of a Candidate. Thompson, Duane // Journal of Financial Planning;Mar2005, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p24
This section presents a personal essay on the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Certification Examination being administered in the U.S. as of March 2005. Specifically, the author talks about his experience preparing for the examination and describes what his feelings like on the very day he...
- CFP Board Celebrates 30th Anniversary. Rojeck, Rich // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2015, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p10
The article focuses on the development of Certified Financial Planner (CFP) certification program by CFP Board in pursuit of competent personal financial planning. As a designation for personal financial advice providers, the certification allows financial planning to achieve broad industry and...
- 49% Of CFP Examinees Flunked Test. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/29/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p32
Reports the results of the November 2000 Certified Financial Planner (CFP) examination in the United States. Drop of the pass rate from the average pass rate recorded by the CFP Board since 1991; Potential reason for the drop; Information on the test topic guidelines of the CFP Board.
- "Financial planning needs to deliver good answers to the less complex needs of average Americans." // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p14
This article presents an interview with U.S. financial planner Rick Adkins about his profession. Adkins is CEO of the Arkansas Financial Group in Little Rock. He has taught finance and insurance at the University of Arkansas and is the creator of the Risk Capacity Index. In his opinion, the most...
- CE Examination. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p73
This article presents a continuing education examination for certified financial planners in the U.S. as of June 2003.
- CFP COURSES ONLINE. // Practical Accountant;Sep2005, Vol. 38 Issue 9, p16
This article reports that the College for Financial Planning is offering its Certified Financial Planner Program via the Centra online learning platform. These online courses allows those who miss a class to catch up, and also offer an opportunity for participants to review class work.
- CFP Board Shift: Shorter, Computer-Based Exams This Fall. Coen, Andrew // Financial Planning;Feb2014, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p18
The article reports on the plan of the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board to shorten its CFP protection exam and transition to a computer-based testing platform, a change that is effective starting November 2014.
- CFP exam misconduct. Rich, Sarah // Money Management;6/8/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 20, p3
The article reports on the investigation by the Financial Planning Association (FPA) of alleged breach of rules at a certification examination conducted by the CFP in Australia on May 18, 2006. The FPA considers the situation to be extremely serious and has expressed concern that the...
- VOICE. Gjertsen II, Edward W. // Journal of Financial Planning;Jul2015, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p11
The article commends the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) Board of Standards for celebrating its 30th anniversary while developing a certification program which has been on a pursuit as standard of excellence for competent and ethical personal financial planning.