'Repeal' of the Estate Tax
- Charitable giving tax relief act. // NCADD Washington Report;Aug99, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p1
Reports that the United States House is considering the Charitable Giving Tax Relief Act which would permit taxpayers to deduct a portion of their charitable contributions from their income.
- New state gift tax effective July 1. // Farmer;Aug2013, Vol. 131 Issue 8, p61
The article offers information on a state gift tax legislation that became effective in Minnesota from July 1, 2013, under which an annual gift exclusion of 14,000 U.S. dollars is granted per person per individual per year to any number of persons without any tax.
- Planning for a post-Crummey world. Jones, Lawrence T. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/1/98, Vol. 102 Issue 22, p8
Reports on the Clinton administration budget proposal's proposed elimination of the gift-tax annual exclusion for transfers. Limitation of exclusion to outright gifts of present interests; Availability of contingency plans in case of budget proposal's approval; Enhancement of funded life...
- Making gifts before they become tax exempt can save you... Selznick, David R. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/17/97, Vol. 36 Issue 46, p37
Announces that on January 1, 1998 the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997 begins phasing in an estate and gift tax unified credit equivalent increase, from the current $600,000 to $1 million. Changes in gift and estate tax exemption equivalent; Gift taxes as being less expensive than estate taxes; How...
- Charitable gift taxable. Greene, Chris; Maddalena, Christina // Accountancy;Oct92, Vol. 110 Issue 1190, p106
Presents a tax case in Great Britain involving charitable gifts. Gift to a charity of shares in a close company which gave rise to a charge to capital transfer tax where the company had an interest in possession in a trust; High Court's decision in 'Powell-Cotton vs. IRC.'
- Squeeze more tax savings out of giveaways. // Tax Strategist;Jan2011, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses the use of gifts and giveaways to loyal clients from businesses to save more from taxes through tax deductions in the U.S. It says that business gifts can only have a limit of 25-dollar deduction per year per client regardless of the costs and how many times the gifts were...
- Senate bills would restore charitable tax credits for some donations. WELCH, SHERRI // Crain's Detroit Business;3/31/32014, Vol. 30 Issue 13, p0005
The article reports on the introduction of bills in the state senate on February 27, 2014 that could restore charitable tax credits for donations to some nonprofits in Michigan. SB 835, introduced by Senator Patrick Colbeck would reinstate tax credits for donations to public broadcasting...
- Play a waiting game on the new gifts tax. // Accountancy;Jun74, Vol. 85 Issue 970, p8
Provides information about the implementation of gifts tax. Advantages of turning gift transaction into sale and purchase; Exemptions of initial gifts of cash; Definition of settlements.
- Noncharitable gifts of checks completed on deposit. // Practical Accountant;Oct94, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p19
Cites a case involving estate & gift taxes. Maryland law on checks as gifts; Gift tax policy under various doctrines.