End-Stage Cardiac Disease as an Initial Presentation of Systemic Myopathies: Case Series and Literature Review
- Becker's muscular dystrophy. Peters, Michael // BMA A-Z Family Medical Encyclopedia;2004, p92
An encyclopedia entry for "Becker's muscular dystrophy" is presented. It refers to one type of muscular dystrophy.
- Mutation Analysis in a Population-Based Cohort of Boys With Duchenne or Becker Muscular Dystrophy. Cunniff, Christopher; Andrews, Jennifer; Meaney, F. John; Mathews, Katherine D.; Matthews, Dennis; Ciafaloni, Emma; Miller, Timothy M.; Bodensteiner, John B.; Miller, Lisa A.; James, Katherine A.; Druschel, Charlotte M.; Romitti, Paul A.; Pandya, Shree // Journal of Child Neurology;Apr2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p425
The type and frequency of diagnostic testing was analyzed in a population-based cohort of boys with Duchenne muscular dystrophy or Becker muscular dystrophy. Use of muscle biopsy declined from 66.0% of boys born between January 1982 and September 1987 to 32.6% born between April 1999 and...
- Becker muscular dystrophy. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p252
An encyclopedia entry for "Becker muscular dystrophy," which is a form of muscular dystrophy characterized by inadequate production of dystrophin, is presented.
- LETTER TO THE EDITOR. �zdemir, �zcan; Arda, Kemal; Soylu, Mustafa; K�t�k, Emine // Angiology;May/Jun2003, Vol. 54 Issue 3, p383
Decribes dilated cardiomyopathy in an 18-year-old man with Becker's Muscular Dystrophy (BMD). Correlation between the type of gene mutation and cardiac involvement; Initial manifestation of BMD; Importance of observing patient with mutations for cardiac involvement.
- Diagnosis and new treatments in muscular dystrophies. A Y Manzur // Postgraduate Medical Journal;Nov2009, Vol. 85 Issue 1009, p622
Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD) and limb girdle muscular dystrophies (LGMD) represent a significant proportion of paediatric and adult neuromuscular neurology practice. The proactive symptom-based multidisciplinary team (MDT) management and access to...
- Manifestations of Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy among carriers. // European Journal of Pediatrics;1999, Vol. 158 Issue 11, pA946
Examines the frequency and severity of Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophy in a series of carriers. Signs of dilated cardiomyopathy and left-ventricle dilation; Comparison between muscle weakness and dilated cardiomyopathy; Reason for determining carriership.
- Is heart rate variability a valid parameter to predict sudden death in patients with Beckers muscular dystrophy? Ammendola, E.; Russo, V.; Politano, L.; Santangelo, L.; Calabar�, R. // Heart;Nov2006, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p1686
The article discusses a study which examined the prognostic value of heart rate variability (HRV) for sudden death in patients with Beckers' muscular dystrophy (BMD) and dilated cardiomyopathy. Patients with BMD were characterized by a lower HRV in the frequency and time domains. BMD patients...
- Duchenne and Becker muscular dystrophies. Driscoll, Deborah A. // Contemporary OB/GYN;Oct2001, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p97
Focuses on Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD) and Becker muscular dystrophy (BMD). Description of the gene responsible for DMD and BMD; Tests that are recommended for the diagnosis of DMD and BMD; Information on prenatal testing for the disease.
- POMT2 mutations cause a-dystroglycan hypoglycosylation and Walker-Warburg syndrome. van Reeuwijk, J.; Janssen, M.; van den Elzen, C.; Beifran-Valero de Bernab�, D.; Sabatelli, P.; Merlini, L.; Boon, M.; Scheffer, H.; Brockington, M.; Muntoni, F.; Huynen, M. A.; Verrips, A.; Walsh, C. A.; Barth, P. G.; Brunner, H. G.; van Bokhoven, H. // Journal of Medical Genetics;Dec2005, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p907
Background: Walker-Warburg syndrome (WWS) is an autosomal recessive condition characterised by congenital muscular dystrophy, structural brain defects, and eye malformations. Typical brain abnormalities are hydrocephalus, lissencephaly, agenesis of the corpus callosum, fusion of the hemispheres,...