Fast Attack Craft (FAC) and Their Roles in Maritime Operations
- JMS Seeks Weapons System for High-Speed Attack Craft GHOST. // Sea Technology;Feb2012, Vol. 53 Issue 2, p68
The article discusses an announcement by the maritime technology company Juliet Marine Systems Inc. (JMS) of its search for a weapons integrator for its GHOST high-speed attack boat.
- FAST AND LETHAL: THE EVOLVING FAC MARKET. HOLZER, ROBERT // Naval Forces;2011, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p34
The article offers information on Fast Attack Craft (FAC) and its market analysis by AMI International. It discusses the differences between FAC and other warships such as corvettes and offshore patrol vessels (OPV) in terms of production size and equipment. Moreover, it features the...
- Cheonghae Unit's Rescue of North Korean Merchant Ship. // Korea Focus;Summer2009, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p32
In this article the author discusses the significant move of the South Korean naval group Cheonghae Unit to rescue the North Korean merchant ship from pirates off the Somalian coast. He noted that the North Koreans have asked the South Korean naval unit to keep protecting them which the naval...
- Boeing Details Areas of CSAR-X Proposal. Roosevelt, Ann // Helicopter News;12/13/2005, p8
The article reports on the move of Boeing to offer more detail on its HH-47 proposal, including an option for accelerated delivery, for the next generation U.S. Air Force Combat Search and Rescue aircraft, now in source selection. By Boeing's count, when you go through the Request for Proposals,...
- Boeing: Claims of HH-47 Shortcomings Aren't Accurate Or Fair. Sirak, Michael // Helicopter News;7/24/2007, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p4
The article reports that Boeing's tandem-rotor HH-47 helicopter, contrary to recent claims, meets or exceeds the requirements that the U.S. Air Force has established for its new combat-search-and-rescue (CSAR) helicopter in the areas of maximum downwash and brownout mitigation, two of the...
- Indigenous Manufacturing of Missile Boats. // Hilal;2011, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p39
The article focuses on the steel plate cutting ceremony of Pakistan Navy's Fast Attack Craft at Karachi Shipyard.
- Commissioning of 1st Pakistan Navy Fast Attack Craft (Missile). // Hilal;2012, Vol. 48 Issue 11, p37
The article reports that the First Fast Attack Craft Missile PNS AZMAT was commissioned at Xingang Shipyard China.
- The Coast Guard Needs a Response Officer Training Program. Daniel, Lieutenant (Junior Grade) Justin S. // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Aug2014, Vol. 140 Issue 8, p12
The article offers the author's insights on the need for the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) to organize a training program for response officers. Among the significant role of response officer in the U.S. military service include search-and-rescue operation, maritime security, and law enforcement. The...
- Lieberman Files Possible Amendment Requiring Assessment of CSAR-X Procurement. DiMascio, Jen // Helicopter News;7/24/2007, Vol. 33 Issue 15, p5
The article reports that U.S. Senator Joseph Lieberman (Independent/Democrat-Connecticut) filed an amendment he intends to propose for the fiscal year 2008 defense authorization bill that would require another look at the Air Force's competition for a new combat search and rescue (CSAR)...