- New cafe takes root. // FoodService Director;5/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the opening of the Harvest Cafe at Forest Hills Hospital in New York City in February 2005. Advantages of the cafe for the hospital; Dishes offered by the cafe; Efforts of the cafe to provide healthy food choices.
- Let's Do Chinese. Lawn, John // Food Management;Jan2001, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p13
Focuses on the production of cook-chill batches of Chinese specialties by the New York University downtown hospital in New York City. Number of authentic lunches for an adult day care center; List of special menus; Insights on central production.
- More center-of-the-plate. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;3/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p156
Reports on health care food service operators' inclusion of vegetarian dishes in their menus. Re-engineered lasagna at Pocono Medical Center in East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania; Vegetable side dishes cum center-of-the-plate combos at New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center in New York City;...
- Spicing up the menu. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;08/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p120
Deals with the growing popularity of Asian dishes at food service outlets in hospitals across the United States. Asian dishes served at the San Francisco General Hospital in California; Explanations from food service officials; Specialties served at the California Pacific Medical Center in...
- Hospitals. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p102
Presents statistical information on the salaries earned by persons in the food service at hospitals in the United States.
- A multi-cultural focus. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p120
Reports on how pork is featured in the cuisine of various cultures as served at hospitals and healthcare communities in the United States. Popularity of the dishes; Advantages of serving pork; Preparation for the dishes.
- Popular hearty choices. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;01/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p81
Provides information on beef and pork dishes offered in hospitals. Top-selling foods in the healthcare setting; Meat products offered at the Erie City Medical Center in Buffalo, New York; Recipes for boneless pork loin.
- Comfort zone. Vaughan, Tom // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;4/3/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4571, p30
The article focuses on the quality of food offered at Great Osmond Street hospital in London, England. Housekeepers dish out the toast and Shreddies from their on-ward butteries to ensure every member of their ward receives three meals a day. About 54 catering staff are involved in the food...
- Pursuing flavorful cuts. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;2/15/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p67
Focuses on the restaurant-quality beef menu offered by food establishments at hospitals in the U.S. as of February 15, 2003. Highlights of the Certified Angus Beef program of Via Christi Regional Medical Center in Wichita, Kansas; Beef items offered by St. Luke's Hospital in Bethlemen,...