Cold Weather Comfort
- The ultimate comfort food. // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p82
Reports on the popularity of soups to non-commercial venues in the United States. Important elements of soup; Cost of soups served at Brookdale University Hospital and Medical Center in Brooklyn, New York; Major soup parameters that are met at Sacred Heart University.
- Reaching New Heights. Velazquez, Beni // FoodService Director;11/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 11, p44
The article offers insights from Beni Velasquez, executive chef at Stanford Hospital & Clinics in Palo Alto, California, on their organic program that focuses on soup as an option for patients. According to Velasquez, patients can either order off the regular menu or they can order off the...
- More hospitals consider spoken menu options. // Food Management;Jan2000, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p14
Reports on hospitals' consideration for spoken menu options in the United States. Efforts of hospitals to increase customer satisfaction; Use of traditional and non-select menu selection process.
- Make it hearty, ethnic. Weisberg, Karen // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p94
Focuses on the soups and stews offered by hospital and healthcare institutions by food service operators in the United States. Offerings at McKendree Village in Hermitage, Tennessee; Availability of a rotation of ten different soups at Suburban Hospital in Bethesda, Maryland; Recipe for...
- BY 30%: Shands expands entree offerings. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the menu cycle at Shands Hospital on Gainesville, Florida. Changes in the menu entrees; Information on weekend menus; Focus of the restaurant.
- More choice on the menu means less wasted food. // Nursing Standard;6/23/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p6
Reports on the experiments conducted at the Wexham Park Hospital and Eastbourne Hospital in England where patients were given more menu options for their daily meals. Research finding that a la carte menus would save money, boost patient and staff satisfaction and help tackle malnutrition;...
- Building a Better Workforce. // FoodService Director;10/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p22
The article focuses on the Transition to Healthier Menus initiative at Baptist Hospital of Miami, Florida. According to operations manager Stan Hodes, they want to be the healthiest workforce in the country. Price incentives on healthier food options in the cafÃ© is one way in which Hodes has...
- Tundra Burgers and Eskimo Ice Cream. Freedman, Donna // Food Management;Feb2004, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p16
Focuses on foodservice at the Alaska Native Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. Traditional-foods menu; Sources of the medical center's food; Changes in the traditional-foods menu; Addition of Agutaq or Eskimo Ice Cream to the list; Dietitians' signing off on all patient food requests.
- Room Service Roster. // Food Management;Nov2012, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p42
The article provides information on the room service programs offered by the hospitals of the U.S. It informs about the Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital, Dallas, Texas. It mentions about "Sodexo's At Your Request room service program which offers several varieties of food for the patients. It...