District Honored by LISDA
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p88
Presents updates on issues important to foodservice in the United States (US). Request of the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) for increased budget in 2001; Dietary guidelines released by USDA; Volume of ground beef purchased by USDA.
- 48% OF AMERICA'S FOOD DOLLAR: Menu prices to rise 3% in 2001. // FoodService Director;05/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p28
Focuses on the projections of the United States Department of Agriculture about the prices of food service menus. Expenditures of Americans for meals away from home; Factors considered in making the projections.
- EDUCATION. // Washington Informer;6/19/2014, Vol. 49 Issue 36, p20
The article offers Washington, District of Columbia's School news briefs as of June 2014 including the students participation in Friendship Public Charter School event, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Summer Food Service Program, and celebration by Luke C. Moore Academy's school officials.
- Commodities Alert. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;12/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p66
Presents several announcements made by the United States Dept. of Agriculture (USDA) for school foodservice directors and other commodity purchasers and presents news briefs related to the foodservice industry. Plans for a bonus buy of frozen cooked and sliced turkey roasts for schools;...
- Food Safety Resources for Schools. // Journal of Environmental Health;Dec2002, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p51
Focuses on a resource guide 'Responding to a Food Recall' for school food service professionals released by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA). Contents of the guide; Institute that has produced the resource guide through a cooperative agreement with Food and Nutrition Services of USDA;...
- Commodities Alert. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;03/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p88
Offers information on the foodservice programs of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA). Planned demonstration project of USDA; Conclusion of the agency's reprocessing beef program; Pork products purchased by USDA.
- USDA Announces Summer Feeding Pilot Results. // FoodService Director;10/15/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p3
The article reports on the increased participation in the summer meals programs launched by the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) for the benefit of low-income children in Arkansas and Mississippi.
- COMMODITIES ALERT. Salkin, Stephanie // FoodService Director;07/15/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 7, p54
Presents data on the purchases made by the United States Department of Agriculture for its foodservice programs as of July 15, 2001. Chicken and chicken products; Fresh lemons; Products targeted for relief buys.
- Meals-away less nutritional: USDA. // FoodService Director;02/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p24
Focuses on a study conducted by researchers at the United States Department of Agriculture, which shows a decrease in nutritional value of meals served on foodservice menus. Analysis of menus by the Department's Economic Research Service (ERS); Who economist at the ERS blames for the lack of...