THANKSGIVING IN REVERSE
- If your car breaks down on the road... // Body Bulletin;Mar2000, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p3
Provides safety tips when one's car breaks down on the road.
- Safe Roads. // Current Health 2;Feb2008, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p4
A list of the top five safest driving cities in the U.S. is presented.
- Another look at U.S. passenger vehicle use and the `rebound' effect from improved fuel efficiency. Jones, Clifton T. // Energy Journal;1993, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p99
Comments on Greene's econometric analysis of vehicle miles traveled for American passenger vehicles over 1966-1989. Rebound effect in fuel consumption resulting from improved fuel efficiency; Unacceptability of the linear version of a static AR(1) model; Mixed evidence from competing models.
- In the soup. West, Ted // Outdoor Life;Apr98, Vol. 201 Issue 3, p100
Offers advice on getting automobiles out of deep mud holes. Guiding principle in using the throttle; Sawing the steering wheel as the vehicle moves forward; Deflating tires.
- Sharing the road with trucks. // Safetyline;Dec-Feb95, Issue 71, p18
Presents safety tips about sharing the road with a truck. Passing a truck; Following a truck; Right turns.
- Handling shoulder dropoffs. // Safetyline;Dec-Feb95, Issue 71, p20
Presents advice on how to handle extreme shoulder dropoffs in driving. Dropoffs as major factor in automobile accidents in construction zones; Driving tips.
- How to drive in mud season. Schultz, Christine, // Yankee;Mar97, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p23
Offers tips on driving in muddy settings.
- CHANGE, PARDNERS. Friedman, Kinky // Texas Monthly;Apr2003, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p220
Presents an article about the changes in Hill Country, Texas. Reasons for the beauty of driving at the Texas Highway; Developments in the area.
- You lane-dancers will get yours in the end. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;10/11/93, Vol. 9 Issue 41, p50
Opinion. Comments on speed and reckless driving in Detroit, Michigan. Author's observations of lane hopping; Time saved through lane hopping; Need for craft and guile in snow time driving.