- Identification of sources of lead exposure in French children by lead isotope analysis: a cross-sectional study. // Environmental Health: A Global Access Science Source;2011, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p75
The article offers information on a study that examines the potential sources of lead exposure in children in France by using the technique of lead isotope analysis. It is mentioned that samples from children aged between six months to six years were taken and their personal information and home...
- Families in high-rise flats. Cook, D.A.G.; Morgan, H. Gethin // British Medical Journal (Clinical Research Edition);3/20/1982, Vol. 284 Issue 6319, p846
Examines the security and heath condition of the families living in high-density housing in Great Britain. Emphasis on the medical treatment received by families in high-rise flats; Inclusion of poor housing as factor in chronic psychiatric morbidity; Need for understanding the rapid turnover...
- 10 Tips To Get Your Kids Moving. Bjerklie, David // Time International (South Pacific Edition);6/23/2008, Issue 24, p50
The article lists ten ideas to make activity and exercise fun for kids such as improvising on traditional games, having contests, and going on family hikes.
- Inadequate housing. Sharfstein, Joshua; Sandel, Megan // Journal of Housing & Community Development;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p14
Details the risk of health problems and injuries among American children who live in substandard or inadequate housing. Findings of the 1993 American Housing Survey; Descriptions of severely physically inadequate housing; Leading causes of death among children; Common connection between...
- Housing and children's health. Lowry, Stella // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/30/89, Vol. 299 Issue 6703, p816
Reports the association between housing and children's health in Great Britain. Effects of housing conditions on health and school performance; Factors affecting the emotional conditions of a child; Need to give attention to public health.
- Cold homes cause ill-health. Holmström, Radhika // Primary Health Care;Sep2011, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p6
The article examines the effect of cold homes on children's health and well-being. The author mentions that an underheated home may affect the respiratory and cardiovascular systems of children and could lead to the risk of hypothermia at temperature below 6Â°C. She explains that poverty could...
- Pediatricians and parents. Greenspan, Peter; Levert, Suzanne // Parenting;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 10 Issue 10, p45
Provides pointers in establishing a healthy relationship between pediatricians and parents in caring for children. Scheduling of appointments; Management of minor health problems at home; Involvement of patients; Presentation of facts.
- Kids Snoring. // Pediatrics for Parents;Sep/Oct2013, Vol. 28 Issue 9/10, p26
The article presents a study on the screening of kids by pediatricians for habitual snoring.
- Pediatricians leading the way. Gerson, William T. // Infectious Diseases in Children;Apr2012, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p26
The article reflects on the significant role being played by pediatricians in the field of medicine and their ability to hold leadership roles.