The Management of Expatriates: Messages from Europe?
- Retaining Repatriates: The Role of Organizational Support Practices. Lazarova, Mila; Caligiuri, Paula // Journal of World Business;Winter2001, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p389
The issue of repatriate turnover continues to be a challenge for many multinational companies today. This article describes several repatriate support practices offered by organizations--and how effective they are at lowering repatriates' turnover intentions. We found that supportive repatriate...
- Money On the Move. Foroohar, Rana // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);4/3/2006 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 147 Issue 14, p6
The article focuses on the world's biggest corporations, which are increasingly moving from their countries of origin to big financial centers like New York and London, according to a paper by Julian Birkinshaw of the London Business School. Examples of the trend are given, such as Australia's...
- Money On the Move. Foroohar, Rana // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);4/3/2006 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 147 Issue 14, p6
The article focuses on the world's biggest corporations, which are increasingly moving from their countries of origin to big financial centers like New York City and London, according to a paper by Julian Birkinshaw of the London Business School. Examples of the trend are given, such as...
- EMPLOYMENT AND PAYROLL COSTS OF U.S. MULTINATIONAL COMPANIES. // Monthly Labor Review;Jan74, Vol. 97 Issue 1, p66
Presents the summary of a report about the employment and payroll costs of operating multinational companies in the United States. Average payrolls; Comparison of three major industry groups.
- Argentine bad acts hurt rural America. // High Plains Journal;11/12/2012, Vol. 130 Issue 47, p4-B
The author discusses about to take stand against Argentina bad acts as it is affecting international business of the rural residents of the U.S.
- SYRIA-US US. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);6/18/2010, Vol. 191 Issue 4876, p11
The article reports on the move of executive officers from multinational U.S. information technology (IT) corporations to meet with high level Syrian officials in Damascus to discuss the means of cooperation in the IT field, such as education, training, and opening appointed centers in Syria.
- Entry strategies for the Japanese market. Yoshimori, Masaru // Advanced Management Journal (03621863);Summer74, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p24
Focuses on the strategies that companies in the United States can employ as they enter the Japanese market. Marketing and profit objectives; Product characteristics; Corporate goals and resources; Information on the legal requirements in doing business in Japan; Tips on partner selection.
- Names in the news. Mokhiber // Multinational Monitor;Sep99, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p30
Presents news items related to multinational corporations in the United States as of September 1999. Lack of enforcement of the Occupational Safety and Health Act; Denial of the post-trial motion of Transamerica Bank NA; Legislation that would place a moratorium on mergers, acquisitions and...
- Czech For Citizenship. // Language Magazine;Mar2008, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p19
The article discusses the requisites of becoming a Czech citizen in Czech Republic. According to Czech Radio, starting January 2009, persons who want to become Czech citizens or permanent residents must pass a Czech language examination. It is a new law of the government which stressed that...