Wheeler And Dealer
- WEI SUN CHRISTIANSON. M. D. // U.S. Banker;Oct2008, Vol. 118 Issue 10, p66
The article profiles Wei Sun Christianson, chief executive officer of Morgan Stanley China and included in the periodical's top 25 nonbank women financial executives in 2008. The paper provides information on her personal and professional background, career highlights and major accomplishments...
- Whipsaw IPO market can trip up the mighty MSDW. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/03/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 14, p4
Reports on problems experienced by Morgan Stanley Dean Witter (MSDW) during the first day of trading of Via Systems Group Inc. on March 24, 2000. Via Systems' manufacture of printed circuit boards for the telecommunication and computer industries; Hicks Muse Tate and Furst as main investor;...
- MORGAN STANLEY BENDS THE RULES. Tunick, Britt // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/4/2002, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p7
Reports the initial public offering of Morgan Stanley & Co. on JetBlue Airways. Gain from public sale; Influence of the stock ownership on the decision-making of the firm; Prohibition of financial analysts to own stocks.
- DUE DILIGENCE: Reg FD May Protect Facebook, Morgan Stanley. // Registered Rep Exclusive Insight;5/24/2012, p3
The article presents the view of Josh Brown posted in his "Reformed Broker" blog about the kind of disclosure that is legally required in the U.S. prior to an initial public offering (IPO), amidst the class-action lawsuit against Morgan Stanley and Facebook over selective disclosures.
- Tech's Latest Underwriting Stars: In a diminished universe, Morgan Stanley soars, while Bear Stearns and UBS Warburg shine. Etzel, Barbara // Investment Dealers' Digest;8/13/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 32, pN.PAG
Discusses the increasing impact of technology initial public offering (IPO) underwriting in the U.S. industry during the year 2001. Statistics of technology IPOs issued by Morgan Stanley & Co. in 2001; Advantages of the market downturn on companies focusing on technology; Analysis of the...
- Morgan Stanley laces big payday. Gallagher, Patrick // Westchester County Business Journal;2/13/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p11
The article announces that Morgan Stanley & Co. Inc. was appointment as the lead underwriter for the initial public offering (IPO) of Facebook Inc.
- Morgan's Tech IPOs Outdistance Goldman's in Market Turmoil. Hahn, Avital Louria // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/24/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 17, p3
Reports that Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Co. posted more initial public offering (IPO) transactions of high technology firms in the United States compared to Goldman Sachs & Co. Value of the total IPO of Morgan Stanley; Technology companies which had the most significant contribution to the...
- Vulcan announces public offering. // Pit & Quarry;May99, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p14
Announces the sale of unsecured notes in two tranches of the Vulcan Materials Company in 1999. Use of the net proceeds; Role of Credit Suisse First Boston and Morgan Stanley Dean Witter as underwriters; Remarks from Donald James, chairman and chief executive officer at Vulcan.
- Morning in brief: Germany won't issue eurobonds. // Fundweb;5/23/2012, p12
The article discusses various developments related to the financial services industry. According to a report by "The Financial Times," Germany has refused to issue common euro bonds that could help reduce borrowing costs for struggling members of the European Union. According to a report...