Passing the Smell Test
- Event Report: Amsterdam Table Talk Exhibition. Baines, Dave // Perfumer & Flavorist;Jul2014, Vol. 39 Issue 7, p23
The article offers information on the Table Talk Exhibition by the British Society of Flavourists that was held in Amsterdam, Netherlands on March 6, 2014. The exhibition was joined by 24 exhibitors and includes 14 sessions of presentations. Among the offerings include the natural valencene from...
- Firm Seeks Sweet Smell of Success in Flavor, Fragrance Industry. Quigley, Kelly // San Diego Business Journal;12/19/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 51, p4
The article reports that Allylix Inc. has raised 15 million dollars in venture funding of the production of its various technology and products, such as the biosynthetic chemical terpenes. It states that Allylix has accumulated 37 patents since 2004 that protects its methods in creating...
- Raw Material Bulletin. // Perfumer & Flavorist;Jan2013, Vol. 38 Issue 1, p18
The article offers news brief on the introduction of raw materials by companies in the flavor and fragrance (F&F) industry as of January 2013. Peppermint absolute extract 983154 flavor ingredients has been developed by Firmenich SA. Allylix Inc. has developed nookatone 98% 103 ingredient which...
- Series C Funding Arrives at Allylix. Chambers, Heather // San Diego Business Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p11
The article reports on the capability of biotechnology company Allylix Inc. to raise 6 million dollars for the Series C round of financing that is intended to commercialize its first three products for the food and fragrance industry in San Diego, California.
- Market briefs. Floreno, Anthony // Chemical Market Reporter;1/27/97, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p24
Presents news items relating to the flavors and fragrances industry in the United States as of January 27, 1997. Bush Boake Allen's reporting of increased earnings in 1996; Millennium Chemicals Inc.'s reporting of earnings and sales for Glidco Inc.
- Flavors index. Floreno, Anthony // Chemical Market Reporter;1/27/97, Vol. 251 Issue 4, p24
Presents a chart showing the index prices of flavors and fragrances products in the United States for the week ending January 24, 1997.
- Holiday Pomander Balls. // Turtle;Dec2001, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p29
Presents instructions and guidelines in making pomander balls fragrances from fruits.
- BASF Invests $13.5 Million in Bio-based Terpene Maker. // Chemical Week;3/12/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 8, p5
The article reports that BASF has invested 13.5 million dollars in a San Diego-based start up Allylix Inc. with biobased terpene production technology.
- Allylix to Commercialize Nootkatone. // Perfumer & Flavorist;Jun2010, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p9
The article reports on success of Allylix Inc. in San Diego, California to produce 9 million dollars on the closing of its Series C financing process.