God in A British Comeback
- A pilgrim's progress. Blanche, Ed // Middle East;Jun2009, Issue 401, p20
The article focuses on the visit by Pope Benedict XVI to the Holy Land last May 2009. The visit is considered as the pope's first since he became the 265th Bishop of Rome on April 19, 2005. Many Muslims and Jews alike showed their violent protest against the pope along with the setting of fire...
- Viva la revoluciÃ³n. // Our Sunday Visitor;4/15/2012, Vol. 100 Issue 51, p19
The author discusses the plea delivered by Pope Benedict XVI in the Revolution Plaza in Havana, Cuba for government respect for religious freedom.
- Pope starts year with theme: religious freedom. Ivereigh, Austen // Our Sunday Visitor;2/6/2011, Vol. 99 Issue 41, p4
The article reports that China, Muslims and Egypt have reacted negatively to the speech of Pope Benedict XVI on religious freedom.
- IN BRIEF. // Our Sunday Visitor;11/21/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 30, p3
This section offers news briefs related to religion including the opening of a Catholic seminary in Cuba, decision of five Anglican bishops to join the Catholic Church and the visit of Pope Benedict XVI in Barcelona, Spain.
- IN BRIEF. // Our Sunday Visitor;11/14/2010, Vol. 99 Issue 29, p3
This section offers news briefs related to religion including the reminder of Pope Benedict XVI that Brazil's bishops must vote against abortion, execution of former Iraqi Prime Minister Tariq Aziz and the conclusion of the nationwide prayer campaign to end abortion.
- The Pope's promise. // BRW;4/28/2005, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p81
Reports on Pope Benedict XVI's promise to open and sincere dialogue with other religions. Career background on Pope Benedict XVI.
- Coexistence Must Be Rooted in God Who Wishes All Men to Be Brothers. // Vital Speeches International;Oct2012, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p313
The article presents a speech by Pope Benedict XVI, delivered upon his arrival for visit in Beirut, Lebanon on September 14, 2012, in which he discussed the deep links between Lebanon and the Successor of Peter, the successful way of how Lebanon lived together despite various beliefs and his...
- CONSCIENCE, RELIGION AND THE STATE. TOLLEFSEN, CHRISTOPHER // American Journal of Jurisprudence;2009, Vol. 54, p93
The article discusses the liberty of conscience and religion. It discusses some supposedly false views which apply equally to liberty of conscience as to religious freedom. It cites Cardinal Ratzinger's 1991 essay on the subject of "Conscience and Truth," where he identified the contemporary...
- Signs of the Times. // America;5/9/2005, Vol. 192 Issue 16, p4
Presents updates on issues and topics related to religion as of May 9, 2005. Interest of Pope Benedict XVI in cats; Reasons of Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger for selecting the name Pope Benedict XVI; Collaboration of Christian groups and denominations to fight domestic and world hunger.