Surprise Election Result Bodes Well For Reforms
- EC mission recommends Latvia speed up reforms. Interfax // Russia & CIS Energy Newswire;11/11/2013, p1
RIGA. Nov 11 (Interfax/BNS) - Latvia's development has been generally positive following the conclusion of the international financial support program, but the rate at which reforms are carried out should be sped up.
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2009, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p11
This section offers news briefs concerning politics, the economy and business conditions in Latvia. In order to maintain support and political stability, the government decided to broaden its coalition. An independent asset management entity is being planned to be established by the government....
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p11
The article presents a political, economic and business risk assessment for Latvia. Latvia's economy plunged into recession as the four-party coalition government led by President Valdis Zatlers is dissolved. In December 2008, the country's current account deficit narrowed to Latvian lats 92.5...
- LAYVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2005, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p11
The article presents political and economic news related to Latvia. A split has emerged in the four-party governing coalition over Latvia's participation in the international operation in Iraq. The government in late August 2005 secured parliamentary approval for extra budgetary spending in the...
- RISK SUMMARY: LATVIA. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Nov2006, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p11
The article presents information on the political and economic risks in Latvia. Recent opinion polls reflect that the New Era party is expected to receive the highest voter share in the October 2007 parliamentary elections. The country's labor market has continued to tighten due to a 0.5%...
- Latvia. // International Country Risk Guide Annual: Latvia;2012, p87
The article presents a country risk analysis for Latvia for year 2012. The assessment provides the country's political, financial, economic and composite risk ratings. It offers a commentary on key events, political challenges and policy implications facing the country, including the impact of...
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p12
The article offers news briefs in Latvia including the political risk, economic risk and business.
- LATVIA: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;
The article reports on the political, economic, and business environment risks in Latvia including the need to cut social spending of the government which was indicated by the finance ministry, the unemployment rate which decreased to 19.4 percent during the second quarter of 2010, and the...
- Latvia: 2014 Country Review. Youngblood Coleman, Denise // Latvia Country Review;7/1/2014, preceding p1
The article presents the 2014 issue of the journal "CountryWatch Country Review" that highlights the demographic, political, socio-cultural, environmental and investment information of Latvia including its national security, government spending and stock market.