Fiscal Cuts To Prove Politically Testing
- Centre-Right Government Set To Take Charge. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Aug2010, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p8
The article presents an overview on the political condition in Slovakia in August 2010. A coalition of centre-right parties headed by the Slovak Democratic & Christian Union is projected to form the new government after a surprise defeat for a government led by Smer. It states that the...
- Eurozone Debt Crisis To Test Coalition Cohesion. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2011, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p8
The article presents the political outlook for Slovakia. It says that the country is viewed to block either the expansion of the European Financial Stability Facility (EFSF) or the implementation of the European Stability Mechanism (ESM). It adds that the loss of the support of Freedom and...
- Key Challenges For 2011. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Feb2011, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the forecasts of Business Monitor International (BMI) Ltd. on the challenges of Slovakia's government coalition in 2011. BMI mentions the factors that will test Slovakia in implementing fiscal consolidation and sustainability including its membership in Eurozone and...
- A Messy Political Climate. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2005, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p8
The minority government's parliamentary representation has been further reduced by the sacking of Economy Minister Pavol Rusko and subsequent withdrawal from the coalition of several deputies from his party. BMI View: Counting on the support of 65 deputies as opposed to 69 previously need not be...
- Pork Barrel Politics in a Coalition Government Environment and the Effect of Grants on the Reelection of Local Incumbents: Evidence from Slovakia. SPÁČ, PETER // Politologicky Casopis;2016, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p251
Distribution of resources is an essential part of politics and vast research has been done in this field. While the allocation of public money is primarily of an economic nature, the literature shows that political representatives tend to use it for rewarding their allies while punishing their...
- What do Andrej Kiska and Viktor Orban Have in Common? Ehl, Martin // Transitions Online;4/14/2014, p10
The article reports on the similarities between Hungarian Prime Minister Viktor Orban and Slovak President Andrej Kiska as of 2014. It says that both politicians understand the importance of restoring voters' trust in the political system and its impact on their careers. It also notes the...
- The Secret Marketer. // Marketing Week (01419285);10/28/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p16
The article discusses the author's view concerning the impact of Coalition spending cuts as proposed by Chancellor George Osborne to the recovery of privately-owned businesses in Great Britain.
- Banking on Mervyn. Thatcher, Mike // Public Finance;5/14/2010, p4
The article highlights the issue concerning the budget reduction plan of the new coalition government under the Conservative Party and Liberal Democrats in Great Britain.
- 7 days Your speed-read roundup of the week. // Children & Young People Now (Haymarket Business Publications Ltd;5/18/2010, p6
The article reports on the six billion pounds cuts of the coalition agreement between the Conservatives and Liberal Democrats throughout the British government.