Fidesz Mandate Secured Through To 2014
- RISK SUMMARY: HUNGARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Oct2007, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p2
The article analyzes the political, economic and business risks surrounding Hungary. Opposition political party Fidesz is speculated to support government's budget reform plan. The country's economic performance has been negatively influenced by the crises in the global financial markets....
- Country Forecast. // Political Risk Yearbook: Hungary Country Report;2010, p2
The article presents forecasts on the economic and political status of Hungary. It analyzes the move of Prime Minister Ferenc GyurcsÃ¡ny to give up his position after winning re-election as Magyar Szocialista PÃ¡rt (MSZP) leader in March 2009. The potential return to power of Fidesz is also...
- HUNGARY: RISK SUMMARY. // Emerging Europe Monitor: Central Europe & Baltic States;Dec2009, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p4
The article presents risk summary of Hungary in terms of political, economic and business environment. Fidesz party, which is the country's centre-right opposition, remains the most popular political force in the country. The acceleration in the pace of contraction in a product of a hike in...
- Chicken politics. // Budapest Business Journal;3/25/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 16, p29
Focuses on a series of debates between the ministerial candidates of the opposition Hungarian Socialist Party and their counterparts in the present government led by Fidesz-Hungarian Civic Party. Argument on the economic reform; Discussion on the country's central budget deficit; Emphasis on...
- The gulf that must be bridged, even if the other side does not reach out. Haraszti, Mikl�s // Budapest Business Journal;4/29/2002, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p28
Comments on the election results in Hungary. Achievement of the winning political parties; Victory of Viktor Orbï¿½n, prime minister of the Fidesz-Hungarian Party; Criticism on the works of the prime minister.
- Executive Summary. // Hungary Business Forecast Report;2011 1st Quarter, Issue 1, p7
The article presents an overview of the business developments, economic and political trends of Hungary such as the growth and term of the Fidesz party.
- Whichever way the economy goes, Fidesz wins. D'Amato, Erik // Budapest Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 9 Issue 51, p21
Comments on the domination of the Fidesz Party in the political sector in Hungary. Impact of the economic performance on politics; Comparison between the socialist and the Fidesz Party; Evaluation of the government's economic management.
- Fidesz mulls cementing utility cost cuts. // Hungary A.M.;9/27/2013, p6
The article reports on the debate within the Fidesz party in Hungary in September 2013 on whether Parliament should add the planned household utility cost reductions to the constitution.
- NÃ©zÃ¶pont projects five-party parliament, Fidesz victory. // Hungary A.M.;12/6/2013, p5
The article reports on a poll from the NÃ©zopÃ¶nt research institute in Hungary which predicted the reelection of the governing Fidesz party at the 2014 general elections, taking 42% of votes and a 58% parliamentary majority.