Opportunities In Agriculture
- World rice set records. Robinson, Elton // Delta Farm Press;12/21/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 50, p1
The article discusses 2012 global rice yields and consumption, which were reported by U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) rice market analyst Nathan Childs at the 2012 USA Rice Outlook Conference in Coronado, California. Rice stocks-to-use ratios, rice trade forecasting, and U.S. rice exports...
- Rice Policy Reforms of the European Union and its Impact on Rice Exports from Pakistan. Aslam, Mohammad // Forman Journal of Economic Studies;Jan-Dec2011, Vol. 7, p55
The study of the import rice regime of the EU is important as it has implications for Pakistan. The EU is a sizable importer of rice in the world in terms of volume, lts rank as net importer of rice further improves to 4th when considered in value terms as it is importer of high quality long...
- TIMOR-LESTE: FOOD SECURITY AND PROFITS. Kammen, Douglas // Regional Outlook;2011/2012 Southeast, p27
The article focuses on the political aspects of the dependence on rice imports in Timor-Leste. It states that rice imports has become an instrument in state policy and serves in the Parliamentary Majority Alliance (AMP) government's political interests. It mentions that the National Development...
- Agriculture Consumption and Production. // Tunisia Country Review;2013, p105
A chart depicting the consumption and production of agriculture at Tunisia from 2007-2011 is presented which includes production of soybeans, total consumption of coffee and net exports of rice.
- USDA zeroes in on final production numbers. Robinson, Elton // Delta Farm Press Exclusive Insight;2/9/2012, p5
The article reports on the move of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) not to make changes in production forecasts for major U.S. crops in its Crop Production and World Agricultural Supply and Demand Estimates released in February 2012. The department predicted higher world cotton...
- Economist predicts better rice stocks situation. Laws, Forrest // Delta Farm Press;8/7/2015, Vol. 72 Issue 31, p7
The article reports that global rice production will increase in 2015-2016 according to Nathan Childs, senior agricultural economist with U.S. Department of Agriculture's Economic Research Service. Topics include the total volume of harvest expected by U.S. rice producers such as China, India...
- AgriStability participation no longer required for APP. // Landscape Trades;Aug2015, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p30
The article discusses decision of Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada, department of Canadian government, following a letter by Canadian Nursery Landscape Association, which eliminates nursery and sod growers' requirement to participate in AgriStability program to qualify for Advance Payments Program.
- An iron fist, not a soft touch, wins in Cambodia. Barr, Cameron W. // Christian Science Monitor;8/13/97, Vol. 89 Issue 181, p6
Focuses on Cambodia as of August 13, 1997. The Cambodian People's Party (CPP) and its goals of stability, efficiency and control; Questions from Cambodian politicians as to why the international community appears to be supporting Hun Sen, leader of the CPP; Uncertainty about whether Hun Sen...
- Impacts of liberalizing trade in the world rice market. Cramer, Gail L.; Wailes, Eric J. // American Journal of Agricultural Economics;Feb1993, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p219
Investigates the impact of trade liberalization on the world rice market, allowing substitution among types and qualities of rice as trade is liberalized. Differentiated products; Spatial model.