THAILAND: RISK SUMMARY
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kingdom of Thailand;Jan2012, p7
The article presents information on the relations of Thailand with other countries as of 2012, including a longstanding security relationship with the U.S. and a strong support for efforts to promote economic development and stability across the Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN).
- Kingdom of Thailand. // Background Notes on Countries of the World 2003;Nov97 Thailand, p1
Features the country Kingdom of Thailand. Profile of the country; Foreign relation of country with United States; Trade and investment of the country; Government and political conditions of Thai; Political party of country. INSET: Travel and business information..
- Holier-than-Thai. Ogden, Christopher // Time International (South Pacific Edition);7/17/95, Issue 28, p43
Discusses the factors that complicate Thailand's relationship with the United States. US State Department's drug trafficking allegations against some leaders of Thailand's ruling party; Bangkok's desire to renegotiate a 1967 friendship treaty; United States' pressure on Thailand for violating...
- Foreign Relations. // Thailand Country Review;2012, p84
The article provides information on the foreign relations of Thailand as of 2012 including the country's regional relations being a member of ASEAN, its diplomatic relations with Cambodia regarding border disputes, and the country's efforts to overcome border and fishing disputes in Myanmar.
- Foreign Relations. // Thailand Country Review;2010, p57
The article provides an overview of the foreign relations in Thailand as of 2010 including its international economic relations and policy, regional economic assumptions and military ties.
- Foreign Relations. // Thailand Country Review;2011, p78
The article provides an overview of the foreign relations of Thailand since its independence in September 1966, with details on its connections to the African Union and the U.S.
- Border politics and the broader politics of Thailand's international relations in the 1990s: From... Battersby, Paul // Pacific Affairs;Winter98/99, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p473
Focuses on Thailand's international relations with neighboring Southeast Asian countries in the 1990s. Emergence of the pattern of territorial consolidation; Thailand's desire to transform its borders from buffer zones into gateways for trade and investment in Indochina; Expansion of the state...
- FOREIGN RELATIONS. // Background Notes on Countries of the World: Kingdom of Thailand;February 2005, p10
The article focuses on the foreign relations of Thailand. The country's foreign policy includes support for Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) in the interest of regional stability and emphasis on a close and longstanding security relationship with the U.S. Thailand participates...
- Foreign Relations. // Thailand Country Review;2001/2002, p20
Reports on Thailand's foreign policy as of 2001. General relations; Direction of foreign policy-making; International priorities; Regional relations.