In Our Unit. "I'm Here to Support You in Whatever Way Is Meaningful"
- EB124 Implementation of a Standard Protocol for Resuscitation of Cardiac Surgery Patients. Ellis, Myra; McGugan, Lynn; Engel, Jill; Spillane, Kelly // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2014, Vol. 34 Issue 2, pe40
An abstract of the article "Implementation of a Standard Protocol for Resuscitation of Cardiac Surgery Patients" by Myr Ellis, Lynn McGugan, Jill Engel and Kelly Spillane is presented.
- SPIRITUAL SOLACE WITHOUT RELIGION. Moore, Alison // Nursing Standard;4/8/2015, Vol. 29 Issue 32, p23
The article focuses on the initiatives of the British Humanist Association (BHA) and the Leicester Hospitals Charity to meet the health care needs of non-religious people in Great Britain. The Leicester charity has provided funding for a non-religious chaplain to work in the city's hospitals....
- YoÄŸun BakÄ±mda Yatan Ã‡ocuk HastalarÄ±n Annelerinin Manevi BakÄ±m (SpritÃ¼al BakÄ±m) Gereksinimleri. Sülü Uğurlu, Esma; Başbakkal, Zümrüt // Journal of the Turkish Society of Intensive Care / TÃ¼rk Yogun B;2013, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p17
Objective: The research is performed in order to determine the spiritual care requirements of the mothers of the hospitalized children in intensive care units. Material and Method: In the scope of the study, the "Depth interview" method which is one of the quantitative data collection methods...
- OVoiD delirium and improved outcomes in acute care. Introducing a model of care. Hoolahan, Anne // Australian Journal of Advanced Nursing;Dec2011-Feb2012, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p30
The article discusses the three aspects of prevention and management of delirium in older persons, namely, obtaining relevant information, implementing a variety of strategies, and dialogue and making the information accessible to nursing staff for improved outcomes in acute care. It concluded...
- END OF LIFE AND PALLIATIVE CARE IN ICU: SPEECH OF NURSING TECHNICIANS. Ferreira da Costa, Thaíza; Dias de Morais, Jocerlania Maria; Maritsa de Magalhães Oliveira, Amanda; Araujo Rodrigues, Francileide; Marlla Silva Leite Montenegro, Sayane; Rolim de Holanda, Aristófenes // Journal of Nursing UFPE / Revista de Enfermagem UFPE;mai2014, Vol. 8 Issue 5, p1157
Objective: identifying the perceptions of nursing technicians about the terminally ill and palliative care in the ICU. Method: an exploratory study with a qualitative approach, with 11 nursing technicians, who work in the adult Intensive Care Unit of the Federal University Hospital, in the city...
- EB46 Cardiac Surgery Insulin Protocol: Transition to the Progressive Care Unit. // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pe28
An abstract of the article "Cardiac Surgery Insulin Protocol: Transition to the Progressive Care Unit," by Patricia James is presented.
- EB90 New Practice Guidelines Regarding Mobility of Patients With Left Atrial Catheters. // Critical Care Nurse;Apr2012, Vol. 32 Issue 2, pe52
An abstract of the article "New Practice Guidelines Regarding Mobility of Patients With Left Atrial Catheters," by Jamie Gilliam and Tonja Hartjes is presented.
- In Our Unit. Bringing Palliative Care to the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. Mirel, Maxwell; Hartjes, Tonja // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2013, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p71
The article discusses the process that are followed in developing and initiating a palliative care program in surgical intensive care unit/ cardiothoracic intensive care unit (SICU/CTICU). Palliative care is a way which improves the quality of life of patients and their families facing the...
- THE SPIRITUAL CARE OF STAFF IN AN ITU. Brown, Derek // Scottish Journal of Healthcare Chaplaincy;Jun2010, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
In this article we learn how the method of data collection in a study of chaplaincy support of staff in ITU provides a model for such support. We also learn how difficult it is for staff to free themselves up for group discussion. Staff in an ITU are usually aware of spiritual aspects of their...