Statewide Efforts to Improve Palliative Care in Critical Care Settings
- Revision of Immediate Post-Open Heart Surgery Education for Critical Care RNs. Mowry, Marianne J.; Gabel, Mollie A. // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Nov2015, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p508
Responding to the complex nature of critical care is imperative, as extensive clinical judgment is required during those vital moments when patients are experiencing complications related to open heart surgery, post -- vessel bypass, or valve replacement. Critical care registered nurses must...
- The Making of an Education Day in a Canadian Health Care Facility. Thiele, Tracy L.; Kebicz, Rodney; Liarakos, Monique // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;Dec2012, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p571
The benefits of an education day have been documented within a variety of disciplines; however, there is a paucity of up-to-date knowledge on the implementation and planning phases, and these phases are addressed in this article. Having knowledge of what form of delivery education can take can...
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Jun2006, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p78
A directory listing events related to continuing nursing education in the U.S. in 2006 is presented. Pediatric Critical Care Nursing will be offered in Denver, Colorado on September 20-23. Fort Lauderdale, Florida will hold the Wealth of Knowledge 2006 on July 27 and 28. The Quest for Excellence...
- Nurses' Perceptions of Education on Invasive Mechanical Ventilation. Guilhermino, Michelle Copede; Inder, Kerry Jill; Sundin, Deborah; Kuzmiuk, Leila // Journal of Continuing Education in Nursing;May2014, Vol. 45 Issue 5, p225
Background: Intensive care units (ICUs) encompass advanced clinical management and technology, mandating continuing education for nurses to maintain competency. This study examined nurses' perceptions of current education on invasive mechanical ventilation in an Australian ICU. Methods:...
- MANDATORY CE: It's time to keep up--or get out. Wolf, D. Heidi // RN;Jan77, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p39
Provides information on the mandatory continuing education (MCE) for registered nurses in the U.S. Implications of MCE for nurses; Curricula of MCE; Legislation governing MCE for nurses across the U.S.
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Oct2011, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p79
A directory of educational events for nurses to be held in 2011 is presented, which includes "It's Complicated" to be held October 13 in Michigan City, Indiana; "Critical Care Certification Cram" to be held October 10-11 in Grand Rapids, Michigan; and "Pediatric Critical Care Nursing" to be held...
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Dec2011, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p75
A calendar of educational and professional events for the year 2012 is presented which includes a seminar titled "Certification in Legal Nurse Consulting," a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) Review Course, and Horizons 2012 conference.
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Aug2012, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p79
A directory of educational conferences to be held in the year 2012 for critical care professionals is presented.
- Education Directory. // Critical Care Nurse;Feb2013, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p79
A directory for education in Florida, Texas and Michigan is presented.