Gender differences in the association between pre-adolescent smoking initiation and emotional or behavioural problems
- Examining factors that influence the uptake of smoking in women. Field, Carole // British Journal of Nursing;8/14/2008, Vol. 17 Issue 15, p980
Smoking kills over half a million women around the world each year. This number is increasing rapidly as more women take up smoking while, at the same time, established smokers find it hard to quit. The health problems associated with smoking have, historically, been viewed as a male concern for...
- Don't call me hysterical. Overbeck, Joy // Redbook;Sep93, Vol. 181 Issue 5, p51
Refutes the statement that men have a biological lock on sanity, and women are always hysterical. Men getting nervous when women become opinionated and agitated; Histrionic Personality Disorder in males; Pathological definition of what is normal behavior in women; Delusional Dominating...
- Nice isn't natural. Tavris, Carol // Redbook;Apr93, Vol. 180 Issue 6, p27
Refutes the myths on the difference between men and women. Cooperativeness; Kindness; Empathy; Nurturance.
- Helping Venus and Mars Find Harmony. // USA Today Magazine;Apr2000, Vol. 128 Issue 2659, p7
Deals with stylistic differences between the sexes which can create challenges in the home.
- Comforting words. Logan, Julie; Howard, Arthur // Glamour;May94, Vol. 92 Issue 5, p296
Compares comforting words men and women say to their friends who broke from a relationship.
- The Deadly Cigarette. // America;7/27/1929, Vol. 41 Issue 16, p365
The author reflects on the attacks on tobacco smoking. The author states that the advocates against tobacco are now basing their claims on science. The author contends that the reported dangers of cigarettes to babies makes the advertisements of cigarettes a murderous campaign. The author argues...
- Gender differences in education related health inequalities in Chinese northern rural areas: 1993 and 2001. Wu, J.; Lie, Y.L.; Rao, K.Q.; Qian, J.C.; Ye, R.W.; Sun, Q.; Li, C.Y.; Li, Z. // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Jul2003, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p506
Examines the extent of education-related health inequalities between men and women in northern rural areas in China. Health indicators; Social inequalities; Life styles; Health care services.
- Gender Differences in Smoking Cessation after 3 Years in the Lung Health Study. Bjornson, Wendy; Rand, Cynthia; Connett, John E.; Lindgren, Paula; Nides, Mitchell; Pope, Frances; Buist, A. Sonia; Hoppe-Ryan, Charisse; O'Hara, Peggy // American Journal of Public Health;Feb1995, Vol. 85 Issue 2, p223
Objectives. An analysis of gender differences in smoking cessation was conducted among 3923 participants in the Special Intervention group of the Lung Health Study. This report focuses on gender differences in sustained quit rates at 12 and 36 months. Methods. Special Intervention participants...
- Gender Differences among Hardcore Smokers: An Analysis of the Tobacco Use Supplement of the Current Population Survey. Augustson, Erik M.; Barzani, Dilyara; Rutten, Lila J. Finney; Marcus, Stephen // Journal of Women's Health (15409996);Sep2008, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1167
Background: Despite significant declines in smoking rates in the United States, a substantial percentage of adults continue to smoke. Improved understanding of current smokers and their contact with sources of cessation support future tobacco control efforts. Recent evidence suggests that...