American Media Announces Restructuring
- American Home Media Files for Chapter 11. Colter, Allsion Bisbey // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;11/29/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 48, p12
The article reports on the decision of American Home Media, publisher of the "National Enquirer," to file a prepackaged bankruptcy in November 2010.
- WILL AMERICAN MEDIA INC.'S BANKRUPTCY BE "CLEAN"? // Media Industry Newsletter;11/8/2010, Vol. 63 Issue 43, p3
The article discusses whether or not American Media Incorporated's bankruptcy proceedings will fully pay the employees and creditors.
- A Tale of Two Bankruptcies: HAPPY NEW YEAR TO AMERICAN MEDIA--AND A HAPPIER NEW YEAR TO READER'S DIGEST. // Media Industry Newsletter;1/3/2011, Vol. 64 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that American Media Inc. went through a bankruptcy proceeding smoothly for just over a month while a four-month bankrupt Readers Digest Association has been revamped.
- WILL AMERICAN MEDIA INC.'S BANKRUPTCY END UP BEING A "SO WHAT"? // Media Industry Newsletter;11/22/2010, Vol. 63 Issue 45, p2
The article reports that David Pecker, president, chairman and chief executive officer (CEO) of American Media Inc., said that the company's 60-day prepackaged bankruptcy will not affect its employees and vendors.
- American Media, California Coastal Head for the Exit. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/3/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p3
The article focuses on the expected exit from bankruptcy by American Media and California Coastal Communities.
- David Pecker's Financial "9 Lives" at American Media Inc. Continue. // Media Industry Newsletter;7/14/2014, Vol. 67 Issue 27, p3
The article cites the continuing financial pressure facing chief executive officer (CEO) David Pecker who has been the principal since April 1999 at American Media Inc. (AMI), publisher of the "National Enquirer" and "Star." It discusses AMI's purchase of Weider Publication in November 2002, the...
- Memo Pad. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/18/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 107, p13
The article offers news briefs related to miscellaneous issues. Designer Tom Ford was the guest editor of the journal French Vogue's holiday of December-January issue. The company American Media Inc. entered into Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Manhattan, in a bid...
- David Pecker: Chairman Of The Tabloids. WICKS, AMY // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/19/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 12, p8b
The article focuses on the efforts being made by chief executive officer (CEO) of American Media Inc. (AMI) David Pecker in growing its company after facing bankruptcy. Packer mentions that he has 50 million dollars in free cash flow and is ready for acquisitions. It investigates how AMI manages...
- Correction. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;Mar2011, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p6
A correction to the article about American Media Inc. that was published in the January 2011 issue is presented.