Ambac Misses Interest Payment, May File Chapter 11
- Ambac, MBIA Don't Expect US Airways Exposure to Lead to Losses. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;8/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31453, p4
Reports the decision to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection with the exposure to U.S. Airways by Ambac Financial Group Inc. Estimation of net exposure to the beleaguered airline; Existence of 18 to 24 months of liquidity support for bond issuers with the sale and release of aircraft;...
- Ambac Financial Nixes Wisconsin Regulator's Bankruptcy Proposal. RIGGS, TAYLOR // Bond Buyer;5/26/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33524, p3
The article reports that lawyers for Ambac Financial Group Inc. are not accepting the bankruptcy plan submitted by the Wisconsin insurance regulator and will issue its own plan in June 2011.
- Chap. 11 May Help Ambac Policyholders. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;8/17/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33367, p7
The article offers information that the possible bankruptcy of Ambac Financial Group Inc. could affect policyholders of its bond insurer subsidiary.
- Ambac Seeks Prepackaged Bankruptcy. // American Banker;6/9/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 88, p16
The article discusses the announcement by the financial firm Ambac Financial Group Inc. that it is considering filing for a prepackaged bankruptcy due to its inability to obtain dividends from its bond insurance department.
- Punch hit by debt concern. // Morning Advertiser;11/11/2010, Issue 518, p18
The article reports on the raised fears on Punch Taverns PLC which may have to raise more funds after Ambac Financial Group Inc. which is its bond insurer filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the U.S.
- Ambac to Pay IRS $102M as it Nears Bankruptcy Exit. CHIN, TONYA // Bond Buyer;4/10/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33892, p3
The article reports that financial services company Ambac Financial Group Inc. has agreed to pay 101.9 million dollars to the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to settle a claim of the IRS, which will help the company to emerge from bankruptcy.
- Ambac Suffers $361 Million Net Loss In 3Q, Blames Credit Default Swaps. Hanson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/25/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32741, p7
The article reports on the $360.6 million net loss gained by Ambac Financial Group Inc. during the third quarter of 2007 in the U.S. The financial results were consistent with the expected numbers that the insurer published on October 10. The loss on devaluations was due to the company's...
- Ambac Reports $3.3B Losses in 4Q. Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;1/23/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32800, p1
The article reports on the net loss of $3.3 billion for the fourth quarter of 2007 of Ambac Financial Group Inc. in the U.S. The loss was due to the credit impairment related to the collateralized debt obligations (CDOs) which was tied to the sub-prime residential mortgage-backed securities. The...
- Ambac Policyholders Safe, Moody's Says. McGee, Patrick // Bond Buyer;6/15/2010, Vol. 372 Issue 33333, p1
The article reports that Ambac Financial Group Inc.'s (AFG's) possible bankruptcy will not affect the policyholders of Ambac Assurance Corp. (AAC). Ambac Financial points out that its liquidity can meet its needs through the second quarter of 2011. Business analyst Helen Remeza clarifies that...