Markit Steps Up War on Settlement Times
- Cook County's Debt Management Solution. Dymi, Amilda // Mortgage Servicing News;Nov2011, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p13
The article reports on the implementation of the Debt Disclosure Ordinance which is designed to improve the finances and better inform the residents of Cook County in Chicago, Illinois.
- Markit Introduces New Loan Index. Kellerhals, Richard // High Yield Report;2/22/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p22
The article reports that new loan index has been introduced by Markit called Markit iBoxx U.S. Leveraged Loan Index.
- Loan Applications Jumped 44% in '01. Garver, Rob // American Banker;8/2/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 147, p20
Offers a look on the results of data collected regarding the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and the Community Reinvestment Act in the U.S. Contents of the HMDA data; Percentage increase in loan applications in 2001 as compared to 2000.
- Panelists: Disclosure Standards for Direct Bank Loans. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;1/3/2012, Vol. 379 Issue 33641, p3
The article offers information on the discussion at a webinar on disclosure standards for direct bank loans which was hosted by the Council of Development Finance Agencies (CDFA) in Chicago, Illinois in January 2012.
- Double-check your TIL disclosures. // ABA Banking Journal;May89, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p27
Presents a common error on a Truth In Lending disclosure in the U.S. Concern over discounted variable-rate loans; Understatement of the APR; Demand for reimbursement of customers.
- Disclosing discounts on closed-end loans. Torkildson, Pat // Credit Union Magazine;Mar2001, Vol. 67 Issue 3, p106
Discusses the Truth-in-Lending disclosures of credit unions in the United States for giving members a discount on closed-end loans. Disclosing a higher rate loan; Disclosing as a variable rate; Discounts on loans secured by a member's principal dwelling.
- Transparency can defeat the crunch. Cleary, Alan // Mortgage Strategy;6/9/2008, p15
The article presents the author's views on the importance of transparency. He claims that the absence of transparency is one of the major factors that has caused financial crisis. He likewise notes the importance of transparency to bring confidence back to the investment market. He believes that...
- Go easy on the paper trail. North, Kim // Money Marketing;10/24/2013, p35
The author calls upon the government of Great Britain to stop mandating financial services and advisory firms to issue disclosure documents on the costs and charges options provided by financial advisers and product providers as these are complex information for consumers to understand.
- The future of reporting. // Accountancy;Nov2003, Vol. 132 Issue 1323, p89
This article focuses on principle-based guidance from the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales, which is aimed at assisting directors of British companies in the preparation and publication of prospective financial information (PFI). High-quality information is important to...