Hanesbrands Suits Up for $750M Drive-By
- Bursting at the seams. Jargon, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;6/5/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 23, p4
This article reports that Hanes Corp. is about to get stretched. As parent Sara Lee Corp. readies the underwear maker for its spinoff into a new public company, it's figuring out how much debt to unload on it. Analysts peg the amount as high as $2.2 billion, a large sum considering Hanes'...
- Hanesbrands Prices $500M in HY Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;12/7/2009, Vol. 20 Issue 49, p16
The article announces that apparel maker Hanesbrands has priced a 500 million U.S. dollar bond on December 7, 2009. There is a plan by the company to use proceeds from the deal, along with debt from a proposed senior secured credit facility, in refinancing some or all of its existing first-lien...
- Study shows third rating shrinks spreads. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;04/13/98, Vol. 64 Issue 15, p8
Focuses on a study which reports that corporate debt rating can affect bond spreads. How it can achieve cheaper funding costs; Comments from Bob Grossman, the managing director at that rating agency; Details on the study.
- Nigeria plans to sell 55 billion naira (US$ 340 million) in bonds with maturities of five and 20 years. // African Business News;7/10/2013, p28
The article presents information on the plans of Nigeria to sell 55 billion naira in bonds with maturities of five and 20 years, during its seventh monthly debt auction to be held on July 17, 2013.
- Asian Corporate Bond Volume Reaches Record. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;1/2/2012, p10
The article reports that as per data from Deologic, Asian firms, excluding those in Japan, issued a total of 312.4-billion dollars in bonds in 2011 comprising 1, 872 deals in investment-grade, high-yield and non-rated corporate debts and representing a 31% increase in bond issuances for 2010.
- The misunderstood asset. // Finweek;10/28/2010, p62
The article presents an overview on bonds, which is a certificate of debt issued by a company, public corporation or government to raise money that promises to pay the principal and interest in a fixed time.
- San Antonio Selling $250M of Debt for Its 'Exemplary' Utility. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31634, p30
San Antonio, Texas is planning to sell 250 million dollars of variable-rate junior-lien revenue bonds on May 13, 2003 on behalf of its electric and gas utility to raise money for system improvements and increase the amount of variable-rate exposure in its City Public Services debt portfolio....
- Carrier bonding. Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;09/04/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 10, p36
Deals with the plan of Europe and United States telecommunication service providers to issue bonds to financial markets in 2000. Reason for the move; Concerns about European operators' debt cited by S&P analysts; Views on the bonds of European telecommunication companies. INSET: MGA Watch....
- JEA Offers Up $278 Million Debt Deal; Raters Give Florida Utility High Marks. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;5/15/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31387, p40
Reports the debt deal offered by JEA company in Florida. Amount of bonds used to refund the debt; Sale of senior and subordinate bonds handled by Bear, Sterns & Co.; Value savings expected by JEA from the bonds sold by Merrill Lynch & Co. for debt refinancing.