MedAssets Adds Junk Bonds to M&A Debt
- Financings roundup. // Medical Device Daily;12/18/2012, Vol. 16 Issue 244, p8
The article reports on the completion of a 750 million U.S. dollar senior secured credit facility for MedAssets which will be utilized in extinguishing the company's existing 484 million U.S. dollar term loan B due 2016, as well as a 150 million U.S. dollar revolving credit facility due 2015.
- MedAssets eyes $212M, IPO price at $16 a share. // Medical Technology & Devices Week;12/17/2007, Vol. 5 Issue 49, p5
This article reports on the plan of MedAssets Inc. to offer its initial public offering (IPO) in 2007. The U.S. company reported the pricing of its IPO of 13.3 million share of its common stock at $16 a share. The company said it intends to use the proceeds to repay about $125 million in...
- Distressed Company Alert Watch List. // Distressed Company Alert;1/8/2015, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p19
The article provides a brief profile of distressed Alpharetta, Georgia-based healthcare performance improvement company MedAssets Inc. due to its lowered corporate credit rating in 2015.
- Activists want to do to lease debt what they did to taxes. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;9/11/97 Supplement California, Vol. 321, p14A
Focuses on activists' attack on California's use of lease-backed bonds. Plan to sponsor initiatives in San Diego and statewide to force voter approval of all forms of state and local debt; Lease revenue bonds in California; Rise of lease debt.
- Oklahoma Reduces Its Debt Amid Spate of Refundings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;1/23/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31558, p36
Discusses tax-supported debt and refunding bonds issued by the state of Oklahoma to take advantage of interest rates in the U.S. Inclusions in the tax-supported debt; Billion dollar increase in revenue bond issuance in the state; Significance of paying off tax-supported debt.
- DFW's Big Triple Play. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/22/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31619, p1
The Dallas, Texas-based Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport Board will make the first of three upcoming forays into the municipal market when it sells $750 million of bonds in the week following April 22, 2003. The fixed-rate deal, which will be pre-priced on April 29 and sell the following...
- N.Y.'s $2.3B Tobacco Deal Coming Next Week. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p1
This article reports that New York will sell $2.3 billion in tobacco bonds the beginning of the week of June 9, 2003, half of the $4.2 billion in tobacco debt the Legislature authorized to help finance the state's $92.8 billion budget. Under legislation passed by the state, the state...
- Audit of Florida Pooled Issues Finds Usage, Records Problems. Sigo, Shelly; Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p1
This article reports that an unprecedented state audit of eight Florida bond pool issues totaling $1.68 billion in debt has revealed, among other things, that most of the bonds were issued for private, not public, benefit, that some failed to maintain proper records for accountability, and that...
- Growing Gwinnett County, Ga., Readies $75 Million Deal. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31647, p40
This article reports that investors looking to pick up some gilt-edged general obligation bonds from a Georgia issuer might look to a $75 million deal being sold competitively on June 4, 2003 by Gwinnett County. The county has about $904 million of debt outstanding, mostly in revenue bonds sold...