Burlington Plans to Pocket $500M Via HY Offering
- Delayed opening. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/8/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 45, p20
Focuses on the delays in the opening of Burlington Coat Factory's store in New York City. Delays in the renovation designed to maintain the historical character of the store.
- Burlington Coat agrees to pay fine by CPSC. Emert, Carol // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/29/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 104, p10
Reports that the Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corp. has agreed to pay $250,000 to settle accusations that it sold dangerously inflammable scarves from India. Cooperation of Burlington in the recall of the scarves by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Bloomberg. // Business News New Jersey;6/26/96, Vol. 9 Issue 13, p53
Reports on Burlington Coat Factory's settlement of federal charges that it sold flammable rayon skirts and scarves.
- Burlington Coat opening Mexican store. // Discount Store News;10/18/93, Vol. 32 Issue 20, p4
Reports on Burlington Coat Factory's store opening in Juarez, Mexico in November, 1993. Joint venture with the Mexican retailer Plaza Coloso S.A.; Number of stores considered for opening; Features of the unit; Store opening in Franklin Mills Mall; Product line.
- Burlington expands on Long Island. // Discount Store News;4/18/94, Vol. 33 Issue 8, Apparel Merchandising pA6
Reports on Burlington Coat Factory's expansion into Long Island, New York. Increased number of discount stores in Long Island; Appearance of Burlington chairman/president/chief executive officer Monroe Milstein with sons Andrew and Stephen in an advertisement for Chemical Bank.
- Coats sizzle. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/20/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 77, p16
Reports on Burlington Coat Factory's overall sales for the first quarter ended October 2, 1993. Comparison with year-ago period.
- Burlington Coat in pact to open store in Mexico. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/11/1993, Vol. 166 Issue 70, p2
Reports on the agreement signed by Burlington Coat Factory Warehouse Corp. to open a store in Juarez, Mexico. Team up with Mexican retailer Plaza Coloso S.A. de C.V.; Scheduled opening on November 1993.
- Burlington Coat launches Fit For Men. // Discount Store News;9/19/94, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p4
Reports on Burlington Coat Factory's (BCF) launch of the Fit For Men label in Seaford, New York. Comments of BCF chairman and chief executive officer; Stephen E. Milstein as vice president for general merchandise.
- Coat company comes to Kenner. Darce, Keith; Hoeschen, Brad L.F. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/28/95, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p8
Reports on the opening of New Jersey-based Burlington Coat Factory's warehouse store in Kenner, Louisiana in September 1995. Location and area of the store; Types of merchandise.