Make Better Choices (MBC): Study design of a randomized controlled trial testing optimal technology-supported change in multiple diet and physical activity risk behaviors
- Ditch Your Diet. Solo, Sally // Real Simple;Feb2007, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p13
The article presents suggestions for eating foods that are beneficial for personal health and fitness. It is stated that the key to eating right and maintaining one's weight is picking nutrient-rich foods and a plan that fits an individual's lifestyle. It is reported that American diet is high...
- EAT LIKE A HORSE. // Horse & Rider;Jun2006, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p27
The article suggests several healthy eating habits learned from horses. Studies show that eating smaller meals throughout the day is better for controlling your weight than eating three large meals. Be sure to incorporate plenty of fruits and vegetables into your daily diet. Eat plenty of whole...
- PIMP MY DIET. Aceto, Chris // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Apr2009, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p46
The article presents information on meal plans that can be adopted for physical fitness. Eating four egg whites and two whole eggs with 1 slice fat-free cheese, and 1 bagel in a meal will add both dietary fat and cholesterol. It is stated that for building strength, beef is better than fowl, as...
- Fat-Proof Your Life And Your Wife...And Your Kids...And
Your Dog. Rhodes, Phillip // Men's Health;Oct2004, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p200
Presents tips on improving eating habits and physical fitness. Examples of dietary rules; Establishment of food plan; Principles of exercise intervention.
- FEEL GREAT IN '08. Wallace, Gini Kopecky // NEA Today;Jan2008, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p47
The article offers advice for maintaining fitness and proper diet. Topics discussed include healthy waist size, the importance for metabolism of eating regularly, the benefits of eating whole as opposed to processed foods, reducing portions, getting regular physical exercise, and pursuing active...
- TRY THE QUIET DIET. // Prevention;Mar2007, Vol. 59 Issue 3, p42
This article reports that researchers in the United Kingdom found that women who dined while distracted by a television or computer wanted to consume more once they were finished while those who ate in silence felt satisfied with their food.
- Selected libraries to receive grant. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;11/29/2004, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p23
The article reports that the Libraries for the Future, with support from the MetLife Foundation, is sponsoring Gel Real, Get Fit!, a program of library-based activities and discussions focused on physical fitness and healthy eating for teenagers and their families.
- Feel amazing by Jan 1st! Abbondanza, Katie // Girls' Life;Dec2009/Jan2010, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p70
The article suggests various ways to girls to remain healthy and maintain a good body figure. Following a healthy diet and adopting a regular workout regime can help a girl getting into shape and stay fit. One should be patient, stay focused and do various workouts like weight lifting, treadmill...
- 30 days to a healthier you! Wicker, Kate // Catholic Digest;Apr2013, Vol. 77 Issue 3, p20
The article presents 30 ways to maintain one's physical fitness and mental health and stay healthy. It reveals that an act of kindness leads to good mental health. It advices to add more fresh fruits and vegetables in one's diet to feel fresh and healthy. It further suggests adding more spices...