Social determinants of rest deprivation amongst Ghanaian women: national and urban-rural comparisons with data from a cross-sectional nationally representative survey
- Sleep Well! Gregory, Lindsee // Skipping Stones;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p22
The article explains the health benefits of enough sleep. It states that getting enough sleep has the same effect of eating right in keeping the body healthy. Moreover, the Harvard School of Public Health noted that napping reduces the risk of heart attack by 37 percent. Tips on how to get a...
- Healthy nation: A paediatric point of view. Khan, Imtiaz A. // Economic Review (05318955);Aug96, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p31
Offers advice concerning the proper way of implementing the principles of health and hygiene in Pakistan. Guidelines for a successful health policy; Proper aseptic techniques to be used to prevent diseases that are caused by germs.
- Comparison between two programmes for reducing the levels of risk indicators of heart diseases among male professional drivers Hedberg, Gudrun E.; Janlert, Urban; Wikstrom-Frisen, Lisbeth // Occupational & Environmental Medicine;Oct1997, Vol. 54 Issue 10, p554
Objectives: To compare two programmes for reducing the levels of risk indicators of heart diseases among professional drivers. The programmes were focused on changes of lifestyle. The aim of the programmes was to initiate and motivate a process of change within the driver, which in the long term...
- Social inequalities in health by individual and household measures of social position in a cohort of healthy people. T Chandola // Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health;Jan2003, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p56
STUDY OBJECTIVE: It is increasingly recognised that different dimensions of social inequality may be linked to health by different pathways. Furthermore, factors operating at the individual level such as employment conditions may affect health in a different way from household level factors. The...
- Tehran's Health Patrol. Siamdoust, Nahid // Time;2/9/2009, Vol. 173 Issue 5, special section p6
The article reports on a public health measure undertaken in Tehran, Iran. Described is a system that employs a significant number of female volunteers who assist in spreading information on health and hygiene throughout the city. The article notes that Iran's public health system is superior to...
- Thank you letters. // Confederated Umatilla Journal;Feb2010, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p16
The article presents a thank you letter from the Washington Elementary Daughters of Tradition to Yellowhawk Tribal Health Center's Dental Department.
- CE questions. // Occupational Health Management;Sep2007, Vol. 17 Issue 9, p108
A quiz is presented about the health of employees.
- A Global Theme -- Poverty and Human Development. Greenspan, John S.; Greenspan, Deborah // Journal of Dental Research;Oct2007, Vol. 86 Issue 10, p917
The article discusses various reports published within the issue on poverty and human development topics, including one by A. Sheiham and colleagues on social gradients in oral health.
- Environmental and workplace contamination in the semiconductor industry: implications for future health of the workforce and community Edelman, P. // Environmental Health Perspectives;Jun1990, Vol. 86, p291
No abstract available.