'Step by Step'. A feasibility study of a lunchtime walking intervention designed to increase walking, improve mental well-being and work performance in sedentary employees: Rationale and study design
- Walk for health. // Woman's Day (Australia Edition);11/20/2006, Vol. 58 Issue 47, p74
The article emphasizes the health benefits of walking. A simple 30 minutes of walking a day increases your cardiovascular fitness, helps maintain a healthy body weight and wards off conditions such as osteoporosis, high blood pressure and obesity. Try for an extra half-hour of walking per day,...
- Short, vigorous workouts can boost aerobic fitness. // Consumer Reports on Health;Dec2007, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p10
The article reports on the benefits derived from short, vigorous workouts. A statement issued by the American Heart Assoc. and the American College of Sports Medicine stressed that individuals who take 20 minutes three days a week of walking still get similar benefits as those who go for 30...
- ROUTINE REVAMP. Mickle, Kelly // Self;Jan2008, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p58
The article provides tips and suggestions on how to attain total-body fitness. The author advises to add upper body strength training to cardiovascular exercises such as walking or running. He also proposes that lower body strength training and cardiovascular exercises should be added when...
- Choose to move. Aves, Alison // Sunset;Jan2005, Vol. 214 Issue 1, p82
Offers advice on how to turn exercise from a chore into a reward. Inclusion of exercise into the daily schedule; Encouragement of a workout buddy; Writing of a motivational note on the daily planner; Benefit of walking with your dog. INSET: Secrets of busy women..
- MOVES OF THE MONTH. // Women's Nutrition Connection;Feb2012, p7
The article focuses on the proper forms when performing aerobic exercises such as walking and riding a recumbent stationary bicycle.
- Walk It Off. // Fort Worth Business Press;8/20/2007, Vol. 20 Issue 34, Special section p6
The article recommends Nordic walking as an alternative cardiovascular workout and fitness routine. It involves using modified cross-country skiing poles or specially designed walking poles for a great upper body workout and lower body conditioning. In a 2002 study by the Cooper Aerobics...
- Get more from your daily walk. // Consumer Reports on Health;Oct2003, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p10
Presents several enhancement on walking to add value in the form of extra cardiovascular work for specific areas of the body. Aerobic benefits in walking with extra weight; Addition of significant amount of strengthening work to walks; Movements that can help tone muscle groups of the body.
- Finding Your Target Heart Rate. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2008, p153
An almanac entry for finding the target heart rate is presented. The target heart rate is the heartbeat rate a person should have during aerobic exercise to get the full benefit of the exercise for cardiovascular conditioning. It is suggested that a person should first determine the intensity...
- Total immersion. King, Elisabeth // Australian House & Garden;Sep2008, Issue 9, p166
The article offers information on the fitness programs of several spas in Australia. Gaia Retreat & Spa provides daily yoga, cardio circuit and seminars focusing on muscle and heart optimization. The Fitness Retreat offers yoga and surf camps for women throughout the year as well as Fountainhead...