Traditional birth attendants lack basic information on HIV and safe delivery practices in rural Mysore, India
- Scaling up prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission programs in sub-Saharan African countries: a multilevel assessment of site-, program- and country-level determinants of performance. Audureau, Etienne; Kahn, James G.; Besson, Marie-Hélène; Saba, Joseph; Ladner, Joël // BMC Public Health;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
Background: Uptake of prevention of mother-to-child HIV transmission (PMTCT) programs remains challenging in sub-Saharan Africa because of multiple barriers operating at the individual or health facility levels. Less is known regarding the influence of program-level and contextual determinants....
- HEALTH. E. F. // Education Week;11/15/1989, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p12
The article reports on the developments pertaining to children health care in the U.S. The federal health officials in the country had announced the free distribution of drug shown to be effective against the virus that causes AIDS to children under age 13 who have the disease. National Research...
- HEALTH. Fain, Nathan // Advocate;6/12/84, Issue 396, p20
Discusses advancements made in science for the prevention and treatment of AIDS. Tests to prevent spread of AIDS through blood transfusion; Efforts to prepare a vaccine against AIDS; Books and publications to illustrate scientific research work on AIDS.
- HAART in Haiti--evidence needed. Gilks, Charles; AbouZahr, Carla; Türmen, Tomris // Bulletin of the World Health Organization;2001, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p1154
Comments on the establishment of care service for people with HIV/AIDS in Haiti. Availability of antiretroviral therapy; Use of directly observed therapy with highly active antiretroviral therapy model; Reduction of AIDS-related stigma.
- The Price of Success The Cost of Failure. // UN Chronicle;Jun-Aug2001, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the global plans for the prevention of AIDS. Implementation of measures for the availability of resources; Provision of health funds; Adoption of poverty reduction strategies.
- AFC: HIV services underfunded by $22 million. // Windy City Times;3/17/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p6
The article focuses on the claim of the AIDS Foundation of Chicago (AFC) that HIV care and prevention services are underfunded in the fiscal year 2011 budget of the U.S.
- San Diego lacing up for AIDS Walk. Church, Monica // Gay & Lesbian Times;9/21/2006, Issue 978, p16
The article announces the 17th annual AIDS Walk, which is a donation-based fundraising event for HIV/AIDS support and research in San Diego County, California slated on October 1, 2006 in Balboa Park. The event was established in 1989 to help finance care and prevention programs. Participants...
- Antiretroviral strategies for the treatment of pregnant HIV+ women and prevention of perinatal HIV transmission in Dodoma, Tanzania: AMANI Study. Liuzzi, G.; Vairo, F.; Chaula, Z.; Nguhuni, B.; Nicastri, E.; Bevilacqua, N.; Cannas, A.; Paglia, M. G.; Ippolito, G. // Journal of the International AIDS Society;2010 Supplement 4, Vol. 13 Issue Suppl 4, p1
An abstract of the article "Antiretroviral strategies for the treatment of pregnant HIV+ women and prevention of perinatal HIV transmission in Dodoma, Tanzania: AMANI Study," by several authors including G Liuzzi, F Vairo, and A Cannas is presented.
- AIDS. Vernon, Irene S. // Wicazo Sa Review;Spring99, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p235
Focuses on AIDS prevention education and health services accessibility of Native Americans. Epidemics inflicting Native Americans in the 1800; Statistics on Native American AIDS cases; Relationship between alcohol abuse and AIDS among natives; Health services offered by the National Native...