Database analysis of children and adolescents with Bipolar Disorder consuming a micronutrient formula
- BÄ°POLAR HASTALARDA DEPRESÄ°F DÃ–NEM Ã–YKÃœSÃœ VARLIÄžINA GÃ–RE KLÄ°NÄ°K VE SOSYODEMOGRAFÄ°K Ã–ZELLÄ°KLERÄ°N KARÅžILAÅžTIRILMASI. AKARSU, Süleyman; ERDEM, Murat; ÜNLÜ, Abdulvahap Gazi; ALPER, Mustafa; KARAMAN, Dursun; AK, Mehmet // Anatolian Journal of Clinical Investigation;2012, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p104
The aim of this study was to compare the sociodemographic and clinic characteristics of patients with bipolar disorder type I with and without history of depressive episode. In this study the data of 108 bipolar type I patients who were admitted to psychiatry clinic of a university hospital due...
- new drug to fight bipolar II. // Good Medicine (Australian Consolidated Press);Jun2004, p16
Reports on the plan of the Black Dog Institute to conduct a trial to determine if antidepressant drug escitalopram is an effective treatment for bipolar disorder II. Information for those who want to take part in the trial.
- Influence of sub-syndromal symptoms after remission from manic or mixed episodes. Tohen, Mauricio; Bowden, Charles L.; Calabrese, Joseph R.; Lin, Daniel; Forrester, Tammy D.; Sachs, Gary S.; Koukopoulos, Athanasios; Yatham, Lakshmi; Grunze, Heinz // British Journal of Psychiatry;Dec2006, Vol. 189, p515
Background Sub-syndromal symptoms in bipolar disorder impair functioning and diminish quality of life. Aims To examine factors associated with time spent with sub-syndromal symptoms and to characterise how these symptoms influence outcomes. Method In a double-blind randomised maintenance trial,...
- Exposure to obstetric complications and subsequent development of bipolar disorder: Systematic review. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Jul2006, Vol. 189, p3
Background Research has suggested an association between obstetric complications and bipolar disorder. However, no quantitative evaluation has been made of the pooled data from existing studies. Aims To systematically review studies comparing exposure to obstetric complications in cases of...
- Prospective 12-month course of bipolar disorder in out-patients with and without comorbid anxiety disorders. // British Journal of Psychiatry;Jul2006, Vol. 189, p20
Background The impact of anxiety disorders has not been well delineated in prospective studies of bipolar disorder. Aims To examine the association between anxiety and course of bipolar disorder, as defined by mood episodes, quality of life and role functioning. Method A thousand out-patients...
- GIRL, INTERRUPTED: ONE READER TELLS... Cassimatis, Georgia // Cleo;May2004, Issue 379, p164
Presents information on bipolar disorder, a mood disorder. Types of bipolar disorders; Persons affected by the disorder; Characterization of the disorder.
- Bipolar disorder. Geddes John // Evidence Based Mental Health;Nov2003, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p101
Summarizes information about bipolar disorder. Definition; Incidence/prevalence; Etiology and risk factors; Prognosis; Effects of treatments in mania, including lithium, olanzapine, valproate, carbamazepine and risperidone; Effects of treatments with lamotrigine, antidepressants, lithium and...
- q1Bipolar spectrum features in drug resistant unipolar depression patients: TRES-DEP pilot study. Dudek, Dominika; Siwek, Marcin; Borowiecka-Kluza, Joanna; Pawłowski, Tomasz; Kiejna, Andrzej; Łojko, Dorota; Rybakowski, Janusz K. // Archives of Psychiatry & Psychotherapy;Jun2009, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p65
Aim. The aim this pilot study of the all-Polish multicenter TRES-DEP (Treatment Resistant Depression) project was the detection and analysis of bipolar spectrum features in drug-resistant (DR) patients with unipolar depression in comparison with patients who responded to standard antidepressant...
- Son la depresiÃ³n y el trastorno bipolar la misma enfermedad? Hirschfeld, Robert M.A. // American Journal of Psychiatry - EdiciÃ³n EspaÃ±ola;Oct2005, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p513
No abstract available.