New drugs and dosage forms
- SECOND OPINION. GABA for ADD--and More. Murray, Michael T. // Better Nutrition;Sep2010, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p36
In the article the author reflects on the health benefits of PharmaGABA, a natural form of the brain chemical gamma aminobutyric acid (GABA). According to research, enhancing GABA performance may be an alternative therapy for improving mental activity in children and treating attention deficit...
- Oxcarbazepine-induced tardive dyskinesia: A rare adverse reaction. Hergüner, M. Özlem; Incecik, Faruk; Altunbaşak, Şakir // Journal of Pediatric Neurosciences;Jan-Jun2010, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p85
A letter to the editor is presented which discusses a child who developed tardive dyskinesia as a rare side effect of anti-seizure treatment with the drug oxcarbazepine (OXC).
- Modified-release prednisone improves rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Siddall, Rhonda // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Aug2010, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p431
The article offers information on the therapeutic use of modified-release prednisone in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Modified-release prednisone improves rheumatoid arthritis symptoms. Siddall, Rhonda // British Journal of Hospital Medicine (17508460);Sep2010, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p491
The article reports on a clinical study presented at European League Against Rheumatism (EULAR) which indicated that a modified-release formulation of low-dose prednisone improves rheumatoid arthritis symptoms and morning stiffness.
- Risperidone. // Reactions Weekly;4/9/2005, Issue 1046, p22
Discusses research being done on risperidone-induced tardive dyskinesia in a boy with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. Reference to a study by D. Schopick and colleagues, published in the February 2005 issue of the "Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry";...
- NONSTIMULANT MEDICATION APPROVED TO TREAT ADHD. // Contemporary Pediatrics;Nov2010, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p19
The article reports that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the Kapvay clonidine extended-release tablets from Shionogi Inc. for the treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in children and adults.
- GENERICS NEWSLINE. // MPR - Nurse Practitioners' Edition;Winter2013/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 4, pA16
The article offers pharmaceutical industry news briefs as of November 5, 2013. U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have approved the generic version of Novartis TOBI Tobramycin Inhalation Solution manufactured by Teva Pharmaceuticals for management of cystic fibrosis. An Abbreviated New Drug...
- dextroamphetamine. // Davis's Drug Guide for Nurses, 10th edition;2007, p373
The article presents a nursing guide to dextroamphetamine, a central nervous stimulant and amphetamine used for the treatment of narcolepsy and adjunct management of attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Indications and contraindications are mentioned. Adverse reactions to the drug are...
- Minocycline in Acne Vulgaris Benefits and Risks. Ochsendorf, Falk // American Journal of Clinical Dermatology;2010, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p327
Minocycline is a semi-synthetic, second-generation tetracycline. It was introduced in 1972 and has both antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Minocycline is used for a variety of infectious diseases and in acne. Even today, new indications beyond the antibacterial indications are being...