You're Hired...Now A Pay Cut
- Treat agency staff as mythical workers. // Accountancy Ireland;Dec2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p34
Reports that Irish Ministers voted for a measure that could only be achieved if companies invested mythical employees. Provisions of the European Union law that aims to protect office temps.
- FIXED-TERM CONTRACTS. Casey, Laura // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;2/20/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4260, p69
Examines the Fixed-Term Regulations, rules requiring even-handed treatment of temporary and permanent employment staff in Great Britain. Provisions included in the measure; Factors to consider in employing temporary staff; Significance of the law.
- Temporary Workers and Their Output-Who Owns the Copyright? Viscounty, Perry J.; Taylor, Matthew D. // Orange County Business Journal;06/10/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p16
Explains that companies should given attention to the question of who will own the copyright to the temporary worker's output. Legal distinction between employees and independent contractors; Information on the case Vizcaino versus Microsoft; Strategy being used by companies in hiring...
- EU directive on agency workers. Rushworth, Fiona // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;6/5/2009, Vol. 199 Issue 4580, p40
The article focuses on the European Union (EU) law which will require companies to give temporary agency workers the same employment rights as permanent staff, bar pensions and maternity leave. The law proposes that agency workers who have spent 12 weeks with an employer doing substantively the...
- GOT IT COVERED. Crass, James // Cabinet Maker;9/30/2011, Issue 5757, p18
The article presents the author's insights on employment law in Great Britain particularly on the rights of temporary workers. The author is critical on the new law known as the Agency Workers Regulations, which will be implemented starting October 1, 2011. Meanwhile, he relates a study which...
- Recruiters claim Bill to give temp staff fair deal will hit UK economy. Berry, Mike // Personnel Today;2/6/2007, p2
The article reports that the recruitment industry of Great Britain has warned that the proposed legislation that would give temporary workers the same rights as directly employed staff would damage business. The bill aims to give agency workers the same rights as long-term and directly employed...
- CBI acts to modify agency workers law. // Motor Transport;6/5/2003, p3
Reports on the bid of the Confederation of British Industry (CBI) to prevent the implementation of an European Union (EU) law on agency temporary workers ahead of a meeting of EU employment ministers in Luxembourg in June 2003. Terms of the draft Agency Temps Directive of the EU; Result of a...
- EU infighting stalls agency worker law. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;10/14/2003, p1
The article discusses the European Agency Workers Directive, which will give temporary workers the same employment rights as full-time workers. The directive is unlikely to be resolved until the end of 2004. Majority of organizations think the directive in its current form would increase...
- Legislating to improve South African employment standards. // Recruiter;Apr2015, p17
The article discusses the Labour Relations Amendment Act of South Africa which aims to protect vulnerable workers, require equal treatment provisions for temporary workers, and resolve the problem of scam recruiters.