Taking Back the Marijuana Man
- The goods on getting good staff. Belaiche, Marc // CA Magazine;Jan/Feb99, Vol. 132 Issue 1, p16
Presents a question and answer on how an organization can hire, and retain, good staff. Limitations of newspaper advertising of jobs; Alternative provided by the Internet; Use of placement services.
- PR portfolios: Putting your best work forward. Walton, Susan Balcom // Public Relations Tactics;Jan2008, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p19
The article presents questions and answers related to making job portfolios, which include what would the employer want to know about the applicant through the listings, the things to be included in the portfolio and how to present its content.
- Placements and The Law. Allen, Jeffrey G. // Fordyce Letter;Dec2009, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p3
The article presents questions and answers related to placements including the legality of re-recruiting a placed candidate, the qualification of an individual for a placement fee and the effectiveness of referral periods.
- Ask Andi? // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/21/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p12
Presents questions and answers advisory on attending a job fair. Selection of right venue for the fair; Assessment of attendance for the event; Alternatives for job fair.
- The Mailbag. Ritter, David B. // HR Specialist: Illinois Employment Law;May2010, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p8
The article presents questions and answers related to human resource management, including how to handle inquiries about age during a background check, whether it is appropriate to base the hiring on someone's photograph, and can employees be forced to use their vacation days as part of military...
- â€¦career coach. Gaskell, Carole // Personnel Today;3/27/2007, p34
The article presents a question and an answer related to employee recruitment for management positions. A reader asks how to appeal to candidates from the large, established online retailers to work for a mid-sized retailer. It is opined that while salary and benefits are important, the best...
- Hiring a Good Person as Key as a Skilled Worker. Albrecht, Steve // San Diego Business Journal;8/15/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 33, p60
Presents a question and answer advisory on hiring the right person in a company. Use of background checks to end up relying on the skill of the interviewer to discern the truth from applicants and their resumes; Utilization of a structured questioning process to get rid of post-hiring problems;...
- HR Space. // Personnel Today;12/2/2008, p19
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management, including what to include in a report on the recruitment process to the board, and what rules apply if a person is found carrying a knife in the workplace, particularly a Sikh employee carrying a Kirpan.
- discussions onlineâ€¦. // Personnel Today;10/3/2006, p9
The article presents questions and answers related to personnel management. One person questions about a recruitment survey. Another reader asks tips and suggestions for succession planning process.