The Gifts of Envy
- Do you suffer from job envy? Koonce, Richard // Training & Development;May98, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p16
Talks about job envy. Reasons why people covet somebody else's career and professional status; Envy as natural; Dealing with envy; Harnessing the power of envy to help achieve one's goals.
- Why envy is good for you. Dormen, Lesley // Redbook;Jul95, Vol. 185 Issue 3, p98
Focuses on the benefits of occasional envy. Improvement of self; Clues to a person's desire and dreams; Use of envy to empower one to achieve goals.
- Why do we want what we don't have...Because somebody else has it? Townley, Roderick // Cosmopolitan;Dec95, Vol. 219 Issue 6, p196
Discusses various aspects of envy. Factors that make envy worse; People's means of concealing their feeling of envy; How to break out of the cycle of envy and resentment.
- Envy. Scarf, Maggie // Self;Oct94, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p188
Comments on envy. Misrepresentation of reality; Perception of the one being envied in a highly distorted, exaggerated manner; Sense of inferiority; Qualities which attract envy.
- Envy. Kealey, Terence // New Scientist;03/28/98, Vol. 157 Issue 2127, p26
Focuses on the biological impact in which envy has on humans. Why envy is good for our genes; Reference to the book entitled `The Origins of Virtue,' by Robert Reich.
- `I want what she's got.' White, Kate // Working Mother;Sep98, p10
Evaluates some of the positive aspects of envy, highlighting the author's experience when she went to hear a lecture given by Helen Gurley Brown, former editor in chief of Cosmopolitan magazine. Factors which influence persons to become envious; Negative aspects of envy; Reference to the book...
- Keys to building successful professional, personal lives. Henning, Mike // Hotel & Motel Management;6/1/2010, Vol. 225 Issue 6, p14
The article offers tips on how to build a successful professional and personal lives in the U.S., including managing one's time efficiently, taking advantage of an individual's options and keeping a log.
- 2008 NOTABLE GEORGIANS. // Georgia Trend;Jan2008, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p62
The article lists people who have been regarded by the periodical as the 2008 Notable Georgians, including Gena Abraham, Commissioner, Georgia Department of Transportation; Ray Anderson, founder/chairman of Interface Inc.; and Robert Benham, Justice, Georgia Supreme Court.
- 40 under forty. Malanga, Steve // Crain's New York Business;01/26/98, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p37
Profiles forty persons who are under forty years old, and considered to be the rising stars in New York State. Names of the individuals; Background information on the individuals; Comments from the individuals.