The Virginia Davis Laskey Library at the Scarritt-Bennett Center, Nashville, TN
- Die Bibliotheken des "Massachusetts Institute of Technology" in Boston. // Bibliotheksdienst;2011, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p529
The article discusses the history of the libraries of the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in Boston, Massachusetts. The origins, expansions and organization of the libraries are discussed from prior to the founding of MIT in 1916, through several historical periods including the...
- History of the Austin Peay State University Library. Richie, Katie // Tennessee Libraries;2009, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p7
The article presents a brief history of the Austin Peay State University Library in Tennessee. It mentions that the library began in a reading room of the Stewart Building in 1929 and informs that Sarah Orgain Morrow was the its first librarian. It states that the library building was opened in...
- Sektion 4 - Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Regionalbibliotheken. Stellungnahme der Arbeitsgemeinschaft zur geplanten SchlieÃŸung der Stadtbibliothek Mainz. Siebert, Irmgard // Bibliotheksdienst;jan2012, Vol. 46 Issue 1, p12
The article discusses the opinion of the Section 4, the department of regional libraries, on the scheduled closing of the Statbibliothek, the city library of Mainz, Germany. The Library was founded in 1477, it offers a broad range of historical and cultural sources, and therefore is an important...
- Von der geschlossenen Anstalt zur Forschungsbibliothek Die Metamorphosen der Herzog August Bibliothek im 20. Jahrhundert. Ruppelt, Georg // Bibliotheksdienst;2012, Vol. 46 Issue 3/4, p182
The article discusses metamorphosis and history of the Herzog August Bibliothek, a German library in WolfenbÃ¼ttel, Germany. In the beginning of the 20th century, the library was a private collection of manuscripts, and transformed into a state library of Braunschweig in the 20s. The library...
- Can the Library Contribute Value to the Campus Culture for Learning? Hufford, Jon R. // Journal of Academic Librarianship;May2013, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p288
What value can academic and research libraries contribute to the campus culture for learning? How can these value contributions be measured? This paper offers the campus culture for learning as a new frame of reference for measuring the library's contribution to learning. It examines various...
- St. Joseph Institute for the Deaf plans to relocate to smaller space. Shapiro, Mary // West County Journal;10/24/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 43, pA3
The article focuses on the plan of the Saint Joseph Institute for the Deaf to sell its campus in Chesterfield, Missouri and lease a smaller space in Saint Louis for its headquarters.
- Responsive Reading. // New Jersey Jewish News;11/1/2012, Vol. 66 Issue 44, p18
In this article, the authors reflect on the social status of Israeli students at the college campuses in the U.S.
- ON EARNING COLLEGE CREDIT: Great Oaks Career Campuses. Weidlich, Jon // Cincinnati Magazine;Oct2014, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p133
The article presents information related to Great Oaks Career Campuses in various school districts of Ohio.
- THE 450TH JUBILEE OF THE BAVARIAN STATE LIBRARY: A NOTE. Cope, R. L. // Australian Academic & Research Libraries;Sep2008, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p214
The article offers a description of the Bavarian State Library, which was founded in 1558 by Albrecht V, the Duke of Bavaria. The history of the library and its holdings, the effects of World War II on the institution, and the role of the library as a research and lending facility are explored....