Caterpillar Selects Victoria, TX, For New Hydraulic Excavator Facility
- Caterpillar picks Georgia for new production plant. // Inside Tucson Business;2/24/2012, Vol. 21 Issue 39, p3
The article reports on the site selection of Caterpillar Inc. near Athens, Georgia for its new production facility which is expected to directly employ 1,400 people.
- Metalcaster of the Year: Mapleton Plant Shows Cat-Like Reflexes. GIBBS, SHEA; SPADA, ALFRED // Modern Casting;Jun2011, Vol. 101 Issue 6, p18
The article focuses on the metalcasting facility of Caterpillar in Mapleton, Illinois. In 2005, the company was faced with a critical decision on whether to recapitalize an existing facility or enter a joint venture in Mexico. A joint venture called Technocast was launched by Caterpillar in...
- Two Caterpillar Plants Earn Illinois EHS Awards. // Foundry Management & Technology;Dec2005, Vol. 133 Issue 12, p13
The article focuses on the awards given to Caterpillar Inc. for its contribution towards pollution prevention. Awards are presented to Mossville, Illinois-based Caterpillar Inc.'s Engine Center and its Cast Metals Organization in Mapleton, Illinois, by the State of Illinois. Both sites have also...
- Caterpillar Faces Two Harassment Lawsuits. // Rental Equipment Register;Sep2003, Vol. 46 Issue 10, p58
Reports on two lawsuits filed by the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission against Caterpillar Inc. for allegedly allowing sexual and racial harassment practices in its Illinois plants as of September 2003. Details of the lawsuits; Comments from Rich Lavin, vice president of the human...
- Caterpillar sues over T-shirts with logo. // Automotive News;9/13/1993, Vol. 67 Issue 5517, p21
Reports on the lawsuit filed by Caterpillar Inc. against Garden Grove Company of California for the latter's manufacturing of T-shirts with the former's corporate logo in Japan. Takasima U.S.A. Inc.'s selling of the garments without Caterpillar Inc.'s approval.
- Business purring along in Cat's global markets. Andreoli, Tom // Crain's Chicago Business;5/13/96, Vol. 19 Issue 20, p36
Focuses on Caterpillar Incorporated, a heavy equipment company. Earnings for the first quarter of 1996; Comparison of the same period in 1995; Comments by Donald V. Fites, chairman and chief executive officer.
- New Caterpillar distribution site seeks tenant for 100,000 sq. ft. Heikens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/16/93, Vol. 14 Issue 20, p3A
Reports on the Caterpillar Logistics Services Inc.'s distribution center in Indianapolis, Indiana. Distribution of parts for Mitsubishi Caterpillar Forklift, a joint venture between Caterpillar Inc. and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries; Plans to sign another tenant to fill the facility; Lease of the...
- Caterpillar achieves quality standard. // Railway Age;Apr93, Vol. 194 Issue 4, p25
Reports on Caterpillar's certification under ISO 9000, the international quality standard. First major American engine manufacturer to achieve certification.
- Cat's mini investment. // International Construction;Jan1998, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p41
Reports on Caterpillar's plan to invest $100 million to expand into the compact or mini machine market. Estimated value of the market for compact units as of 1997; Equipment the company plans to manufacture in 1998.