2009 CGA DIRT Report: Utility Damages Decline Again
- Report confirms importance of calling 811 before digging. // High Plains Journal;12/1/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 49, p11B
The article focuses on the 2013 Damage Information Reporting Tool (DIRT) Report released by Common Ground Alliance (CGA), which revealed the significance of making free call to 811 before digging to prevent the occurrence of excavation-related underground facilities damages.
- Report finds utility damages down nationwide. // Underground Construction;Feb2009, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p6
The article reports on the underground utility damages in 2007 in the U.S. The fourth annual Damage Information Reporting Tool (DIRT) Report from the Common Ground Alliance (CGA) indicated 256,000 utility damages, which was less than the figures recorded in 2004. The reduction in damages could...
- April Designated Safe Digging Month. // Underground Focus: The Magazine of Below-Ground Damage Preventio;Dec2008, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p22
The article reports on the decision of Common Ground Alliance (CGA) to conduct the National Safe Digging Month, a damage prevention awareness campaign, on April 2009 in the U.S. It notes that CGA chose the month of April because it signifies the start of the digging season in the country....
- Creating a Safe Digging Environment. Kerr, Khrysanne // Site Prep;Mar2011, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p28
The article discusses the formation of the Common Ground Alliance (CGA) as a continuation of the Common Ground Study sponsored by the U.S. Department of Transportation which outlines the best practices for safer digging. It outlines the three programs promoting excavator safety which include the...
- Report Confirms Importance Of Calling 811 Before Digging. // Underground Construction;Dec2014, Vol. 69 Issue 12, p9
The article discusses the findings of the 2015 Damage Information Reporting Tool (DIRT) Report from Common Ground Alliance (CGA), the stakeholder-run organization, that reveals the importance of calling 811 to reach a local call center to reduce excavation related damage to underground...
- CGA Partners With 3M, NASCAR Driver To Promote 811 'Call Before You Dig'. // Underground Construction;Sep2011, Vol. 66 Issue 9, p5
The article reports on the partnership between Common Ground Alliance (CGA), 3M Co., and the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Greg Biffle for the promotion of the 811 Call Before You Dig Phone number at the race he won during the Pennsylvania 500 on August 7, 2010.
- United Rentals Partners with Common Ground Alliance Using Call 811 Decals. // Rental Equipment Register;Dec2010, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p40
The article reports on the partnership between Common Ground Alliance and United Rentals in relation to safety and calling 811 first before digging.
- Bikini Logic? // Underground Focus: The Magazine of Below-Ground Damage Preventio;Winter2010, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p8
The article discusses the issue on statistics of the 2008 Damage Information Reporting Tool (DIRT) Annual Report of Common Ground Alliance (CGA), the most visible set of statistics of the damage prevention industry in the U.S. The author presented his perspective and analysis regarding the...
- Safe digging video released. // Underground Construction;Dec2011, Vol. 66 Issue 12, p10
The article reports that Common Ground Alliance has completed two safety videos that contains the five-step underground utility damage prevention process.