LANL Seeking Commercial Partner for MagViz Bottled Liquid Screener
- TSA Expands Suite of Security Technology. // Airport Security Report;11/7/2007, Vol. 15 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has awarded $52.3 million worth of contracts to outfit airports and mass transit facilities with advanced security devices. The newly procured technology includes advanced technology (AT) X-ray, automated explosives...
- Satellite `weather vane' to study solar winds. // Machine Design;10/23/97, Vol. 69 Issue 20, p21
Focuses on solar wind sensors and other sensors designed to examine energetic particles in the solar system, developed at the Los Alamos National Laboratory, and being carried aboard National Aeronauics and Space Administration's (NASA) Advanced Composition Explorer (ACE). Benefits of the ACE...
- Bomb detector concept yields a portable `sniffer'. Baker, Andrea // Design News;6/26/95, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p13
Reports on Los Alamos National Laboratory engineers' development of a portable method for detecting explosives. Laboratory's filing of a patent application for the method; Application of the method; Contact information.
- TSA Seeks Fingerprint System. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/6/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p15
This article reports on the issuance of a Request for Proposals for a commercial-off-the-shelf fingerprint system by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) in 2011.
- TSA Issues RFP for Law Enforcement Database Access. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/6/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p16
This article reports on the issuance of a Request for Proposals (RFP) for a commercial-off-the-shelf law enforcement database access (LEDA) by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) in 2011.
- TSA Seeks White Papers for Air Cargo Screening Qualification. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;4/27/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p18
This article reports on the move of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to continue to solicit white papers from original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) who are interested in qualifying their screening equipment.
- TSA Plans Technical Forum for Passenger Screening Program. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;7/6/2011, Vol. 7 Issue 14, p12
This article reports on the plan of the U.S. Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to conduct a Technical Forum with Original Equipment Manufacturers about the Passenger Screening Program for transportation security equipment.
- Transportation Security Administration: Oversight of Explosive Detection Systems Maintenance Contracts Can Be Strengthened: GAO-06-795. Berrick, Cathleen A. // GAO Reports;7/31/2006, p1
Mandated to screen all checked baggage by using explosive detection systems at airports by December 31, 2003, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has deployed two types of screening equipment: explosive detection systems (EDS), which use computer-aided tomography X-rays to recognize...
- How technology works. // Technology Review;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 106 Issue 10, p75
Presents information on the alternative explosive-detection systems considered by the U.S. Transportation Security Administration. Features of explosive-detection systems; Processes involved in quadrupole resonance system; Parts of the ion mobility spectrometer.